Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Saint Columbkille Partnership School, located in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston, educates students aged 2.9 years through Grade 8. Founded in 1901 by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston, the school has educated generations of local families. Saint Columbkille Partnership School was re-established in 2006 and enjoys a unique partnership with Boston College, as the Laboratory School affiliated with its Lynch School of Education and Human Development, and with the Archdiocese of Boston and Saint Columbkille Parish.
Mission Statement: Saint Columbkille Partnership School is a community of families, educators, and partners inspired by the values of the Gospel. We are committed to the education of children of all backgrounds in an environment that cultivates respect, mutuality, and care. Rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition, we search for the truth with joy, practice the good with conviction, and contemplate the beautiful as we prepare students for lives of faith, service, and leadership.
Saint Columbkille Partnership School is currently seeking a full-time early childhood lead teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Create a safe and joyful learning environment.
- Interact and communicate with children in a calm, kind, and nurturing manner.
- Understand and support the unique strengths and needs of each child.
- Support the faith formation of students and accompany them in faith formation experiences.
- Plan and implement engaging lessons in academic domains, including literacy, math, science, social studies, religion.
- Support students' development of foundational skills, including gross motor, fine motor, and social/emotional skills.
- Use formative and summative assessments to determine students' mastery of concepts and skills.
- Communicate effectively and often with parents regarding their child's progress.
- Collaborate with the early childhood team, academic coaches, specialists, student support team, and school leadership.
- Work with the classroom paraprofessional to ensure all students are supervised and safe.
- Communicate in a professional manner with the classroom paraprofessional to delegate responsibilities and provide feedback.
- Advance the mission of the school through active participation in a faculty committee.
- Contribute to the school's positive, welcoming culture.
The requirements for this position include:
- Commitment to the school's Catholic mission and identity
- Licensure in Massachusetts
- Ability to use instructional technology
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Job Categories :Classroom Teacher > Preschool
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Classroom Teacher > Early ChildhoodEqual Opportunity Employer
The Archdiocese of Boston does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices (consistent with those religious exemptions provided in statutory and constitutional law) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Requirements
- At least 1 yearof relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Rachel Rumely
- 25 Arlington Street
- Brighton,Massachusetts 02135
Click here FOR Application Procedures
- Phone: 617 254-3110
- Fax: 617-254-3161
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.