Position at SESI Schools Now Hiring for the 2022-2023 School Year
Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Salary negotiable
- Estimated 20-25 hours/week
- Hiring Bonus
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Social Worker will be responsible for providing social-emotional services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will deliver high-quality services as provided by SESI, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to provide services to students. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we're looking to hire an exceptional Social Worker who will play an essential role in fueling student success.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a child study assessment including an appraisal of the student's current status regarding instructional implications.
- Provide IEP Counseling (individual and small group)
- Case management and engagement with parents/guardians.
- Performs diagnostic testing to determine students' needs.
- Determines student's particular strengths and weaknesses as a learner.
- Serves as member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Works with both school personnel and parents to develop specific interventions on behalf of student.
- Interprets assessments/results and generates reports for feedback to parents and school personnel.
- Advises teachers and other school personnel on methods to enhance students' abilities.
- Works as a referral agent linking students and families when appropriate with "outside" agencies to service their needs.
- Masters in Counseling or Social Work.
- A LMSW or LCSW license
- Must have thorough knowledge of testing and evaluation techniques and competent in assessment procedures and interpretation of the results.
The Sierra School at West Sabine is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc . (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting.