The purpose of this position is to perform managerial and supervisor duties in a specific area of responsibility for school nutritional services. A person in this position works to ensure adherence to State/Federal guidelines for reimbursable meals, free/reduced regulations, USDA requirements for the National School Lunch Program/School Breakfast program at multiple sites.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to ensure all managers are operating each kitchen in compliance with federal, state, and local food service guidelines.
- Monitors and supervises the work of several cafeteria managers and hourly associates in planning, preparing, serving, and cleaning up of meals.
- Reads, interprets, and follows food code regulations, state and federal nutrition program regulations and district policies, such as National School Lunch program, after school snack programs and community eligible schools, etc. Coaches direct reports with respect to these programs.
- Facilitates/Coordinates proper training to all employees to ensure health codes and other applicable regulations are followed properly and maintained daily.
- Assists managers in implementing proper inventory levels, completing production records, recording, and monitoring food costs, and observing state/federal guidelines for reimbursable meals.
- Works with Administration, support staff, parents, and students to provide support, problem solving and guidance on rules and regulations.
- Provides coaching, documented counseling, formal corrective actions and annual evaluations as advised by Human Resources.
- Makes hiring and/or permanent assignment recommendations to Child Nutrition administration.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all district staff and the public.
- Ability to train and develop employees at all levels.
- Ability to learn, understand, and train others on Federal and State Child Nutrition guidelines.
- Skill to interview, hire, and retain hourly and salaried staff.
- Skill to coordinate and efficiently manage employees located at different sites.
- Experience with documentation processes regarding employee coaching/discipline.
- Knowledge of developing and administering action plans.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected events on a day-to-day basis without letting it affect daily duties.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and create informative letters, spreadsheets, financial recommendations.
- Ability to read and interpret budgets, and profit/loss statements.
- Ability to compose correspondence to various recipients, including but not limited to e-mails, and professional documents such as presentations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum: High School diploma and four (4) years of experience in food services, including at least two (2) years' professional supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Home Economics or Business, two (2) years' experience in food services including at least one (1) year professional supervisory experience.
Full Time 12 Months Pay Grade OSS2 Minimum Monthly Salary $4,328.75When applying, please make sure to include all prior experience in your application.Please provide at least two references. One must be the current or most recent supervisor and the other a previous supervisor.
- Possess and maintain valid NCDL with satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to obtain/maintain ServSafe certification. Annual completion of USDA mandated continuing education requirements. Classes and instruction provided by the district.