Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!The Person:
An experienced, dynamic, tech-savvy ASL educator with high school curriculum
editing and/or proofreading experience. Someone with deep knowledge of research-based curriculum approaches and effective assessment strategies. This educator will have the ability to work collaboratively with content writers, editors, and/or advisors to create or vet quality, inclusive programs for online live instruction. We cater to K-12 schools and would prefer an individual that has had high school ASL teaching experience
and/or serving as a department, building or district leader in this content area.The Job:
What you will need:Education:
- Proofread, format, and make edits to lesson plans, teacher notes, formative and summative assessments
- Proofread and edit formative and summative assessments that accurately monitor student progress
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to the writing team to ensure the curriculum shares a common voice
- Communicate with with fellow content writers, editors, and content advisors to edit and improve lessons
- Complete work in an organized, efficient manner and ensure deadlines are met.
- A US state certification in ASL or Equivalent
- Master's Degree in Education (preferred)
- 3+ years of teaching
- 3+ years of curriculum writing, editing, and/or proofreading experience
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech proficiency: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite
- Pays close attention to detail
- Knowledge of high quality proofreading practices
Be Part Of Our Story:
- Work hours are flexible; however, the ability to be online for scheduled meetings is important. Meetings are scheduled in advance and in collaboration with advisors and/or managers.
- Availability of 10-15 hours per week
- 1099 Independent Short Term Contract role
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.