Classified/Support Positions/Computer TechnicianDate Posted:
Catalina Foothills High SchoolDate Available:
7/11/22 COMPUTER TECHNICIAN I Hiring Pay Range: $17.93 - $19.03 per hour, DOE
FTE: 1.0. 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
222 paid work days per year, 11 months
Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Location: Catalina Foothills High School
Target Start Date: 7/11/2022 Definition:
Under direction of an administrator or Information Systems department personnel perform work of moderate difficulty maintaining computer hardware and software in a school. Essential Functions:
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.) Tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Install, maintain, configure, troubleshoot, repair and secure computer system hardware, peripherals and software.
- Implement and test new software applications.
- Create software images for site-specific software.
- Provide support for students, teachers and staff for desktop and application software.
- Create and setup new user accounts and reset passwords.
- Supply students, teachers and staff with district standards and policies regarding technology.
- Maintain work order, inventory and usage records system.
- Order parts and supplies.
- Track software licenses.
- Dispose of old/unused technology hardware according to district guidelines.
- Prepare written documentation to assist with technology use.
- Set up and maintain all computers at assigned school. Administer the local area network and connections to the wide area network. Perform regular server backups.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Apple/Macintosh computers, peripherals, parts and supplies
- Knowledge of computer software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and special educational programs
- Knowledge of computer network administration, including access rights
- Ability to interpret regulations, laws and policies
- Skill in maintaining computer networks
- Skill in training students, teachers and staff in using computer hardware and software
- Skill in communicating technical information effectively, orally and in writing
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, administrators and students
- Skill in utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
High School diploma or GED and one (1) year of experience maintaining multiple computers in a network environment. Special Requirements
: NoneNondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District's policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.