Position Information: Listing ID:
Student Transportation Assignment:
Diesel/Automotive Technician Location:
Student Transportation Center Group:
Support Services Staff Job Type:
Permanent Assignment Grade To:
Support Services Pay Range:
$23.12 to $26.48 Hourly Employment Type:
Full Time Application Deadline:
Until Filled Conditions of Employment:
- A valid South Dakota Teaching Certificate, Administrative Certificate, or specific content-area credential may be required for this position (please refer to job description for specific details). By clicking "yes" below, you affirm that you either currently hold (or are able to obtain) the appropriate certification/credential no later than your employment start date. Failure to obtain the necessary certification may result in rescinding of an employment offer. Note: If you have not started the certification process or have questions, please contact the South Dakota Department of Education at www.doe.sd.gov. For any other questions, please contact the Human Resources Recruiter at 605-394-4014.
- Do you hold or anticipate a South Dakota certificate?
- Please list any honors, awards or distinctions you have earned:
- What do you consider to be the five most critical attributes of successful educators?
- What personal characteristics define an excellent administrator?
- Share your educational philosophy.
Overview - Buildings & grounds provides a full range of building maintenance & repair services, grounds services, and custodial services. Building maintenance & repair services ranging from demand maintenance to preventative maintenance with unlimited repair capabilities and limited capital improvement capabilities for buildings, building systems, and building equipment. Grounds services range from lawn & turf care to walkway & driveway repair, exercise equipment maintenance & repair, and extra-curricular activities support. Custodial services range from cleaning and disinfecting to operation support of school activities
Mission - The mission of the Buildings & Grounds Department is to provide a safe, well-maintained, clean and orderly learning environment for all students, staff, and the Community.
Vision - To be the preferred provider for custodial services, grounds services, and maintenance services to the Rapid City Area Schools. Benefits:
The Rapid City Area School District is proud to offer a strong benefits package to supplement employee wages.
Core Benefits --- Qualifying employees are eligible to enroll in the group medical and dental plans. Health coverage is provided through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. Delta Dental is the District's carrier for dental insurance. The District also supports healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA) through Health Equity/WageWorks. Life Insurance is provided at no cost to the employee through the Standard, with $10,000 in basic life coverage and $20,000 for instances of accidental death and dismemberment for the employee as well as $2,000 in basic life for spouses and $1,000 basic life for dependent children up to age 26.
Retirement --- The school district offers an outstanding retirement package through South Dakota Retirement Services (SDRS). In response to the mandatory 6% employee contribution, qualifying employees will receive an additional 6% of their wage contributed to a retirement account on their behalf each pay-date. Additionally, employees are automatically enrolled in the SDRS Supplemental Plan 457B and may contribute pre or post tax dollars to retirement.
Additional Benefits --- Rapid City Area School offers a several voluntary benefits that may add a layer of protection for staff including short term disability, critical illness insurance, accident insurance as well as additional life insurance. We encourage employee wellbeing by offering an annual Wellness Screening to our staff, which includes flu shots and testing that provides team members with important data on their health status. The District also offers various discounts to local gyms and other wellness vendors. An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is supported through the Standard, allowing our team members to contact skilled support specialists for a variety of topics including therapy referrals, legal referral and financial counseling. Attachments:
Reference Letter 1*
Reference Letter 2*
Reference Letter 3*
Proof of Veterans Status (if applicable)References:
General Reference Check Form: 3 of 5 external references required.