The Site Director is responsible for the overall coordination, management and implementation of one of the elementary sites of the Burlington School District's After School program. The District's After School program serves over 1500 children K-12 throughout the district, providing after-school programs and activities that contribute to students' academic achievement, safety and healthy development. In collaboration with the Lead Site Director, child care partner agencies, school administrators and teachers, and afterschool staff, the Site Director develops ongoing curriculum and activities that demonstrate best practices in after school programming.
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- Strong organizational, administrative and managerial skills.
- A minimum of three years experience in after-school programs; child care
services; teaching, social work or related experience.
- Ability to meet state licesning qualifications for a Site Director role
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience with and ability to demonstrate best practices in student behavior management
- Ability to communicate effectively across diverse audiences, including school staff, parents and guardians, and co-workers.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience in, team building across
- Proficient in computer applications including data collection and budget
management, spreadsheets, email, and internet use.
- Familiar with laws and regulations governing education in Vermont.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find
appropriate and acceptable.
Expanded Learning Opportunities - District