Elementary School TeachingDate Posted:
Stamford, CTDate Available:
2022-2023 School YearClosing Date:
Until Filled The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget. Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.
The Title I Teacher is responsible for providing intervention and support to struggling students by effectively assessing student needs and progress and planning instruction to achieve desired objectives. The Title I Teacher has knowledge in the core skills of literacy and/or math and has experience in using data to determine and target concepts and skills as a focus of instruction. The Title I Teacher effectively communicates with students, colleagues, and parents whose children are receiving intervention and provides workshops to all families on supporting literacy and/or math development in elementary school students. Beyond direct instruction with students, the Title I Teacher provides instructional support through collaboration, consultation, and coaching with teachers, paraeducators, and tutors as directed by the administration. Major Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Implements instructional plans and uses appropriate instructional techniques.
- Plans instruction to achieve selected objectives of struggling students.
- Assesses student needs and progress.
- Supports the SRBI process by participating in SRBI meetings and taking a leadership role in Data Team Meetings to determine the focus of instruction for Tier 1, 2 or 3 instruction.
- Coaches classroom teachers, paraeducators, and tutors in effective instructional strategies.
- Collaborates with other intervention teachers to organize and maintain instructional materials, submit orders to administration as appropriate.
- Communicates with families in regards to students receiving intervention.
- Organizes and implements parent outreach to the whole school community at least three times yearly.
- Provides workshops to all families on supporting literacy and/or math development in elementary school students.
- Completes reports and paperwork as required by Title I.
- Meets professional responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated facility in the skills of reading, writing and/or mathematics.
- Demonstrated mastery of literacy and/or math instructional strategies and resource materials.
- Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with administrators, teachers and other staff.
- Evidence of organizational ability and willingness to pursue tasks to successful completion.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype); Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position.
- CT CSDE Educator Certification endorsed for:
- Elementary, 1-6 (305)
- Elementary, K-6 (013)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching the subject area(s) and/or instructional levels targeted.
Stamford Education Association (SEA) Salary:
Per SEA Contract
Finalized 01/10/2022 Application Procedures:
Online application is required. Internal Applicants:
Please upload a cover letter (summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume as part of your Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a two letters of reference to the interview committee.