This posting is for 3 *Temporary Ed Para positions at WF West High School:
- Temporary Ed Para-Special Ed Resource, 6.0 hours
- Temporary Ed Para-Special Ed 1:1 SLC, 6.5 hours
- Temporary Ed Para-Special Ed 1:1 SLC, 6.25 hours
In-district applicants, who are permanent employees and current members of the Teamsters bargaining group, should apply by 3 p.m., June 22, 2022, and will receive first consideration. All *temporary educational paraprofessionals employed in the 2021-2022 school year who are hired for the 2022-2023 school year will become permanent employees upon rehire.
As a Temporary Educational Paraprofessional, will assist (under direct supervision) in the supervision and instruction of students, relieving teachers/counselors of routine clerical tasks, and assisting students as needed. REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS:
- High School diploma/transcript or recognized equivalent (GED)
- College transcript OR ETS ParaPro Assessment Score report
Essential Job Functions:
- Adapts classroom work/homework under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of providing a method to support and/or reinforce classroom objectives
- Administers first aid for the purpose of providing emergency care
- Assists the student(s) in such physical tasks as moving from room to room, eating, toileting, participating in class activities, emergency drills, etc.
- Assists teachers and parents for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and/or developing students' daily living and behavioral skills
- Maintains classroom equipment, students' files/records as pertains to education files/records for the purpose of ensuring a safe and appropriate learning environment
- Monitors individual students and classroom activities for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment
- Performs record keeping and basic clerical functions, correcting student work, scheduling, copying etc. for the purpose of supporting the teacher or program
Other Job Functions:
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
- Confers with teachers, parents and/or appropriate community agency personnel for the purpose of assisting in evaluation of students' progress and/or implementing students' objectives
- Participates in various meetings for the purpose of sharing information and/or improving one's skills/knowledge
- Performs the essential of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Completes work at assigned workstations
- Consistently deals with people in a courteous and professional manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience Required: Prior job related experience, paid or volunteer, with school age children. Experience as a classroom paraprofessional preferred.
Minimum Employment Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age and hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. In addition, must meet one of the following: 1. Have received a qualifying score on the Education Testing Service (ETS) paraeducator assessment; 2. Hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university. 3. Have earned 72 quarter credits (100 level or above) or 48 semester credits at the 100 level or higher at an accredited college or university. A copy of your high school diploma and official college transcript (if applicable) must be provided upon hire.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skills to perform basic clerical functions, perform basic arithmetic calculations, operate standard office equipment, including the use of basic computer applications, use English in verbal and written form, and use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling. Skills to communicate effectively, problem solve.
Knowledge of principles of child development, instructional processes, problem-solving methodology.
Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, understand and carry out oral and written instructions, maintain confidentiality of student records, fulfill schedules and meet deadlines, read/interpret/apply rules, regulations, policies, rapidly learn methods and materials used in a variety of instructional situations. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity and may include lifting/carrying 25 lbs.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing: Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance (cost paid by applicant) and Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form required; First Aid/CPR Certification and Hepatitis B Vaccine Series may be required.
Employment with the Chehalis School District is currently subject to Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.1 regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements and related exemptions therefrom. Other Job Type (if applicable) :
Educational Paraprofessional-Temporary Work Days :
180 Salary Rate Range :
DOE, $15.72 (21-22 hourly rate) Additional Job Information :
Regarding Temporary Assignment Status:
This position is temporary and not subject to the terms or conditions of the Teamsters Bargaining Unit Agreement; includes pro-rated health benefits and sick leave; does not include paid holidays or personal days.
Temporary positions end on the last student day of the current school year or upon change in program needs.
Reports to: Building Principal
Chehalis School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Chehalis School District offers classes in many career and technical education (CTE) program areas, including Agriculture, Business and Marketing, Family and Consumer Sciences, Skilled and Technical Sciences, Health Sciences and STEM. Lack of English language proficiency will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs.
The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
El Distrito Escolar de Chehalis no discrimina en ningún programa o actividad por sexo, raza, credo, religión, color, origen nacional, edad, estado veterano o militar, orientación sexual, expresión o identidad de género, discapacidad o el uso de un Guía de perros entrenados o un animal de servicio y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados.
El Distrito Escolar de Chehalis ofrece clases en varias áreas con programas de educación vocacional y técnica (CTE), incluyendo Agricultura, Negocios y Mercadotecnia, Ciencias de la Familia y del Consumidor, Ciencias Técnicas y Calificadas, Ciencias de la Salud y STEM. La falta de dominio del idioma inglés no será una barrera para la admisión y participación en programas de educación profesional y técnica.
Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas y quejas de supuestas discriminaciones:
Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Johnson, 310 SW 16th Street Chehalis, WA 98532,360-807-7235, firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Katie Howell, 310 SW 16th Street Chehalis, WA 98532, Chehalis, WA 98532,360-807-7245, email@example.com
Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Debby Gregory, 310 SW 16th Street Chehalis, WA 98532,360-807-7200, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and Technical Education Coordinator: Rick Goble, 310 SW 16th Street Chehalis, WA 98532,360-807-7235, email@example.com