This posting is for a 1.0 FTE Special Education Teacher at Chehalis Middle School. REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS :
- Cover Letter
- 3 Certificated Reference forms and/or Letters
- Valid Washington State Certificate
Applications received by June 20, 2022 will receive first consideration.
The Special Education Teacher facilitates Special Education student success in pre- academics/academics, interpersonal skills and activities of functional daily living through implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching, as well as student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing specific needs of student; providing a safe and optimal learning environment and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress expectations, goals, etc.
- Adapts lessons for the purpose of implementing the IEP goals and meeting the special needs of students.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Center instruction on high expectations for student achievement.
- Provide clear and intentional focus on subject matter content and curriculum.
- Recognize individual student learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher's expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student's social needs (e.g. behavioral, motor development, communication, etc.) and academic needs (e.g. developmental level, vocational abilities, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating students and family requirements, placement and success of the program.
- Collaborates with school personnel, agencies and community agencies (e.g. social service agencies, caretakers, etc.) for the purpose of developing and modifying the program to maximize the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum
- Develops, monitors and evaluates specially designed instructional programs for the students on his/her caseload.
- Works cooperatively with classroom teachers who have special education students in regular classes, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students to the entire staff, and assisting the student with regular class assignments. Directs educational assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Demonstrate effective teaching practices.
- Use multiple student data elements to modify instruction and improve student learning.
- Instructs students with individualized special needs for the purpose of developing appropriate academic and interpersonal skills through a defined course of study.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Provides individual or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils and to accommodate circumstances where a variety of projects are being worked on simultaneously.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional aids, and instructional supplies; maintains required inventory records.
- Establish rapport, communicate and collaborate with parents and the school community.
- Exhibit collaborative and collegial practices focused on improving instructional practice and student learning.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and an optimal learning environment.
- Prepares teaching materials and reports for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
- Reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students.
- Administers medication, first aid and/or health care requirements as may be required for the purpose of providing specialized treatment and/or monitoring medical conditions of students.
- Meets and confers with colleagues and support staff as necessary.
- Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Performs essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Completes work at assigned workstation(s).
- Consistently deals with people in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
-Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate
- Endorsement in Special Education, Reading, Language Arts and Mathematics
- First Aid/CPR Right Response Trained
-Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance. Other Job Type (if applicable) :
Secondary Special Education Work Days :
180 Salary Rate Range :
DOE, CEA Salary Schedule Additional Job Information :
Chehalis School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Chehalis School District offers classes in many career and technical education (CTE) program areas, including Agriculture, Business and Marketing, Family and Consumer Sciences, Skilled and Technical Sciences, Health Sciences and STEM. Lack of English language proficiency will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs.
The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
El Distrito Escolar de Chehalis no discrimina en ningún programa o actividad por sexo, raza, credo, religión, color, origen nacional, edad, estado veterano o militar, orientación sexual, expresión o identidad de género, discapacidad o el uso de un Guía de perros entrenados o un animal de servicio y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados.
El Distrito Escolar de Chehalis ofrece clases en varias áreas con programas de educación vocacional y técnica (CTE), incluyendo Agricultura, Negocios y Mercadotecnia, Ciencias de la Familia y del Consumidor, Ciencias Técnicas y Calificadas, Ciencias de la Salud y STEM. La falta de dominio del idioma inglés no será una barrera para la admisión y participación en programas de educación profesional y técnica.
Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas y quejas de supuestas discriminaciones:
Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Johnson, 360-807-7235, email@example.com
Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Katie Howell, 360-807-7245, firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Debby Gregory, 360-807-7200, email@example.com
Career and Technical Education Coordinator: Rick Goble, 360-807-7235, firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 310 SW 16th Street, Chehalis, WA 98532 Qualifications :
- Skills to motivate students, communicate effectively with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, direct support personnel, evaluate student performance, demonstrate activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and computer applications; ability to integrate technology with other forms of classroom instruction
- Experience and/or training with cultural, ethnic and language diversity is preferred
- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and deadlines; significant physical abilities include reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception; and may include lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to supervise/direct extracurricular activities
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable