(KAY) TK/Kindergarten Teacher Job Type
Certificated Sub Title Location
Kayne Siart Campus Job Title Contact Name
Alinson Jerez Contact Phone Contact Email
firstname.lastname@example.org Number of Openings (only type in the number)
1 Pay Months
11 FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
$57,200 - $92,961(Credentialed Salary) $57,200(Intern Salary) Salary Rate Salary Information Full-time/Part-time
Full-time Length of Year
11 Months Location Address Location City
Los Angeles Location State
CA Location Zip Location Phone Requirements Applicants who possess the following skills will make the strongest candidates:
Applicants must possess at least one (1) of the following:
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential or equivalent, meeting all NCLB "highly qualified" standards
- Required CLAD/EL authorization. Candidates who don't possess this must do so within one year.
- Required BCLAD certification (Spanish)
- Demonstrated ability to implement varied classroom instructional strategies
- Educational vision for and experience with low-income and /or minority students
- Demonstrated track record with English language learners
- Passion for working with children and their families
Job Description Bilingual Transitional Kindergarten (TK) TeacherCamino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA)
- A degree in early childhood education or childhood development;
- At least 24 units in early childhood education, childhood development, or both;
- A child development permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing;
- Verified full-time experience working as a Transitional Kindergarten Teacher prior to July 1, 2015.
is a community of high-performing public schools that utilizes a comprehensive approach to prepare students from preschool through high school for success in college and in life. We integrate academic rigor, community, family, and wellness to empower students to thrive in a culturally connected and changing world. Founded in 2000, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy students represent the neighborhood of MacArthur Park west of downtown Los Angeles, a community that is one of the most under-resourced and densely populated neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Currently, CNCA has eight campuses that serve over 3,500 students from pre-K through 12th grade.CNCA
currently seeks candidates who are committed to serving in under-resourced communities. We are seeking teachers who embrace research-based, innovative curricular frameworks such as a balanced literacy approach and conceptual based math. Our approach to teaching and learning involves a deep commitment to ongoing teacher professional development, and collaboration. Teachers must be visionaries, eager to be in the forefront of educational practices and must embrace the challenge of demonstrating that public education in a low-income, primarily immigrant, multilingual community can succeed. Teachers will receive a competitive salary, healthcare and retirement benefits.ResponsibilitiesTeachers will perform a full range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Working collaboratively in teams, grade-levels, and at times with the whole staff to ensure progress towards whole school goals and continued growth of teaching and learning.
- Creating powerfully engaging curriculum and lessons, aligned to our curricular frameworks, designed to grow students academic growth.
- Creating and Implementing integrated curriculum units, differentiating and scaffolding for all students.
- Regularly assessing student progress to refine instruction and meet student needs and make instructional decisions related to this data.
- Participating regularly in professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings as well as ongoing, job-embedded learning.
- Communicating frequently with students, students' families, colleagues and other stakeholders to encourage student progress.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed documentation of student achievement and progress.
- Creating and maintaining a nurturing and engaging classroom environment.
- Supporting the school's mission, vision, and policies.
- Taking personal ownership for their own professional growth and partnering with colleagues to encourage the process.
- Working closely with children and their families to promote personal growth and success.
- Maintaining regular, punctual attendance.
08/31/2022 Posted Date
06/13/2022 Open Date
06/13/2022 Close Date