Plans, delivers and evaluates visual art instruction following the Chesterfield County Public Schools Curriculum Framework. Assists in creating art displays within the home school, central office, the Fine Arts Festival and other shows as recommended by the curriculum specialist for the arts. Essential Job Functions
- Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum content to students.
- Plans, teaches and assesses student learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs. Applies knowledge of curriculum and specialized instructional strategies to improve student performance with regard to standard based assessments.
- Uses the curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional activities.
- Maintains order within the classroom setting in accordance with division guidelines regarding student behavior management.
- Supervises students in non-classroom time (before school, after school, student activities, fire drills).
- Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to students.
- Communicates regularly with parents.
- Ensures compliance with existing applicable federal and state statutes and local policies, regulations and guidelines related to public schools.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- Develops and maintains the physical environment of the classroom that is conducive to effective learning within the limits of resources provided by the system.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrates mastery of the content area.
- Attends and participates in faculty and department meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Working knowledge of the concepts, principles and methodologies of instruction. Working knowledge of academic curriculum for assigned classes. Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals to design and deliver instruction and to assess students' learning. Demonstrated ability to communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability in decision making, problem analysis, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships and planning.
Art - Digital Media & Graphic Design Demonstrated ability to instruct students in the developmental and technical aspects of digital media and graphic design; to evaluate and assess design, art and studio skills in students and to display student works in the school and community.
Art - Photography Demonstrated ability to instruct students in the developmental and technical aspects of darkroom photography; to evaluate and assess photography, art and studio skills in students and to display student works in the school and community.
Art 6-8, Art I-IV, 3D Design/Crafts Demonstrated ability to instruct students in the developmental and technical aspects of art ( 6-8, Art I-IV, 3D Design/Crafts); to evaluate and assess art and studio skills in students and to display student works in the school and community. Requirements
Bachelor's degree required. Must hold or be eligible for a Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in Visual Arts K-12.
To be eligible you must have completed one of the following:
- Completed a state-approved teacher preparation program in Visual Arts (or Career Switcher Program in Visual Arts)
- Completed a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution along with a passing Praxis exam in Art 5134
- Hold a valid out-of-state license with a comparable endorsement
In addition to the on-line application, applicants who are not current CCPS teachers are required to submit:Transcripts
Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. References
Applicants must submit two (2) references as a part of their application package. Applicants with zero years teaching experience should submit references from their cooperating teacher and university supervisor. Applicants with recent teaching experience must provide references from principals and/or superintendents from all contracted teaching experiences within the past three (3) years. If experience is not within the past three (3) years, references from the last contracted work experience should be provided.
Applicants without direct classroom teaching experience should submit (2) references from the current employer, including one supervisory reference.Copy of Teaching license
*Please note: Attachments must be uploaded to each application for which you apply, they do not merge from applications you have already submitted to your new application.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position and does not imply an employment contract.