Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning - powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed - however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
The world around us has changed forever. Distance learning is now an integral aspect of learning-for all levels-around the world. At Stride Learning Solutions, we've always been ready. For more than two decades, we've helped districts and schools find a promising path forward.
Since 2000, Stride Learning Solutions has been a leader in strategic solutions to solve district challenges. Our flexible online and blended learning options boost modern instruction and promote lifelong student success. With an innovative platform, comprehensive digital courseware, adaptable technology, and extensive support, we are equipped to help your school or district empower a brighter future for learners.
Learning Solutions at STRIDE is dedicated to providing flexible, personalized pre-K to 12th grade online learning.
We are seeking a teacher in the field of Social Studies Education. The ideal teacher is state certified in the state of Wisconsin and is deemed highly qualified. We work towards achieving student success in an online environment by using data-driven strategies to provide synchronous and asynchronous support which focuses on individual student needs.
Please include copies of the following documents with your application:
- current resume
- current teaching certificate
- copies of transcripts
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Devote weekly hours to live synchronous sessions (hours are determined by state/client needs)
- Successfully complete training within two weeks of hiring
- Participate in monthly data analysis meetings
- Provide students with rich and targeted feedback
- Adhere to state specific requirements as specified by manager
- Complete additional trainings as required
- Learn curriculum of assigned course/s
- Adhere to state and client specific prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools
- Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, maintain synchronous office hours, monitor student pacing/progress through course
- Take ownership for student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement
- Candidates are required to be currently certified to teach in Wisconsin with a Social Studies Education endorsement listed on their teaching license. They are also expected to maintain this certification for the duration of their employment. Reciprocity is not accepted.
- Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with online teaching and supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- One of the following endorsements: ELL, ESL or ESOL
- Three (3) years of teaching experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a home based position and open to residents of the 50 states and D.C.
Stride, Inc. considers a person's education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee's salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position's level and expected contribution, and the employee's benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
- We anticipate the hourly pay range to be $11.54 to $28.96. This is a temporary/contractor role and you will be an employee of Randstad. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual's compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Randstad offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.