The Middle School Dean assists the Principal in fulfilling his/her chief responsibility of promoting the educational well being of each student in the school and providing sound educational programs for children.Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists in interpreting school and District programs, policies, and procedures to students, parents, staff, and community under supervision of the Principal or his/her designee.
- Assists in the evaluation of licensed and classified staff members; assists marginal teachers; assists with problems of discipline.
- Assists with special school programs or projects involving remedial, at risk, and special education students.
- Assists with supervision of students arriving at and leaving the school; assists with the supervision of students in the cafeteria.
- Develops and maintains a positive communication system with the community, teaching staff, administration, and School Board.
- Helps with the supervision of custodial staff and providing substitutes for the school staff.
- Assists with the review of interim reports, special education enrollment reports, preschool home reports, log reports, report cards, and plan books.
- Performs related work as required.
- Holds or is eligible for a Virginia teaching license, with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision PreK-12.
- Holds a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Has a minimum of three years of successful experience as a teacher, administrator, or supervisor.
- Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and the community.
- Possesses strong communication, writing, and presentation skills which demonstrate the ability to assimilate, analyze, and present information clearly and concisely.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Days/Hours: 207 Days/ 7 Hours
Licensed Salary Scale plus Stipend $1,318
Reports to: Principal or the Principal's designee.Primary Location:
Willard Middle School Salary Range:
Click link - view: https://www.lcps.org/Page/228782 / Licensed Salary Scale Shift Type: