WHO ARE WE?
Get to know West Virginia Virtual Academy (WVVA)!
K12 Produces Results
West Virginia Virtual Academy
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, West Virginia Virtual Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of West Virginia Virtual Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Principal directs and coordinates educational, administrative and counseling activities of student by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 15-30 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ensures conformance of educational programs to state and local school board standards through evaluation, development and coordination activities;
- As needed, researches and implements non-K12 curriculum resources that meet state standards;
- Manages teaching and administrative staff; Manages Master and Lead Teachers and programs;
- Helps articulate the school’s mission and vision with the aim of ensuring all stakeholders have a common understanding and are positioned to work cooperatively in order to achieve desired results; Utilizes/relies heavily upon communication technologies and practices that most effectively support a predominantly virtual / remote work environment;
- Confers with teachers, students, and parents concerning educational and behavioral problems in school;
- Coordinates with teacher and K12 Enrollment regarding expulsions and withdrawals;
- Ensures that the school is meeting the needs of students while complying with local, state, and federal laws, including laws pertaining to special education;
- Develops and oversees implementation of the school’s Academic Improvement Plan.
Certificates and Licenses
- Master’s Degree in business, education or related field of study AND
- Five (5) years of educational experience AND
- One (1) year of supervisory experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
: Valid state administrative license required. OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrable leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Experience as an on-line / virtual educator
- State Supervisory Certificate or working toward it
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This position is home-based. Must reside in West Virginia.