Vanguard Middle/High School/Classroom TeacherDate Posted:
The Vanguard School
Full-time, 10 Month Work Schedule
Monday to Friday, 7:45AM to 3:30PM Reports To
Program Supervisor Position Summary The Vanguard School has an opening for a High School Classroom Teacher for the 2022-2023 School Year!
If you are an energetic, creative and dedicated Special Education Teacher, we want you on our Team!
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with students diagnosed with autism, developmental delays, neurological impairments and/or emotional disorders. The Classroom Teacher plans & implements daily lessons, academic and behavioral, for students assigned to his/her classroom. Maintains accurate records, determines and monitors student progress and provides accurate reporting of students' progress. Benefits include:
paid health and dental insurance, paid personal and sick days, a 9% employer contribution to our Retirement Plan, and opportunities for professional development. Tuition reimbursement of up to $2000 in the first year is available for college courses in special education. Safety care training is provided. Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education, Elementary Education, or a related field.
- Current, valid Pennsylvania certification in Special Education.
- Exposure to and participation in appropriate special education related programming.
- Ability to recognize the individuality and uniqueness of each student & treat him/her with respect & dignity.
- Ability to engage intellectually and physically in all components of the educational process.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all constituents (administrators, colleagues, students, parents, and others).
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.