Hamilton County Schools, located in beautiful Chattanooga, TN, is hiring, supporting, and retaining outstanding top teaching talent. We are the fastest improved district in Tennessee and have a goal to become the best. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.
Why Join our Team?
New Teacher Support: With our progressive three-year induction program for new teachers, you will have the following supports:
- New Teacher Academy
- First Year Mentor & Supportive Professional Development
- Whole-Teacher/Well-Teacher (wellness & mindfulness training)
Leadership Opportunities: Grow your career with Hamilton County Schools, no matter your professional goals:
- Train to become a mentor teacher or professional development presenter
- Obtain your National Board Certification and get a $4,000 salary increase
- Apply for leadership pipeline programs for instructional coaching or administration
- Be a part of innovative programs that are unique to Hamilton County like Teacherpreneur and STEM Fellows
- Travel the world as a Fund for Teachers recipient
Experience all Chattanooga has to offer:
- Chattanooga has a metro area of 500,000 people - not too big and not too small - and under two hours from Nashville, Atlanta, Knoxville, and Birmingham
- Award-winning city for outdoor activities, music, art and culture
- 25 + local music, art, and food festivals every year
We are seeking teaching candidates who are:
- Committed to high academic achievement and high expectations for all students
- Able to be a positive team-player and communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors, students, and families
- Open to being coached and receiving feedback in order to advance learning and growth for students
- Experienced in high-need or Title-I School settings. Experience with English Language Learners is a plus.
- Professionals with high personal standards and integrity
Compensation & Total Rewards
- Competitive salary range commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package includes multiple health insurance options, vision, dental reimbursement, short and long-term disability, life insurance, on-site clinics, and a wellness program
- Childcare for Hamilton County teachers available in multiple schools
- Competitive retirement plans through Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, including a hybrid 401k and pension plan. In 2018, TCRS was ranked in the top four best funded State Pension plans by the Pew Charitable Trust.
About Hamilton County Schools
Hamilton County Schools, located in beautiful Chattanooga, TN, is the fastest improving district in the state of Tennessee. We believe in success for all students and are dedicated to helping all students succeed to their highest potential. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.
Who we serve: Hamilton County Schools serves over 42,000 students across our diverse county in urban, rural and suburban communities. Our families speak 125 languages and approximately 8.5% of our students are English language learners.
Our results: The state of Tennessee has recognized Hamilton County as an “Advancing” school district.
A few of our recent achievements include:
- #2 out of 146 districts in the state of Tennessee for student growth and a Level 5 district for 2018-2019
- 45 Level 5 schools and 32 reward schools
- 16 Volkswagen E-Labs - the highest concentration of fabrication labs of any district in the US or abroad
- Milken Award winning teacher; State Principal of the Year (2017)
- 13 High Schools with over 18 Future Ready Institutes