JOB STATUS: UNTIL FILLED
POSTING DATE: 05/25/2022
POSTING NUMBER: O22/23.075.70.0
LOCATION: Career Center
POSITION TITLE: Hourly Instructional Assistant- Summer Enrichment Program
JOB DESCRIPTION: Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
This position is a Hourly FTE, working from July 25-August 5, 2022 in the Summer Enrichment Program during Summer School at the Career Center
. The shift times for this position are from 8:00am-11:00am and/or 11:30am-2:30pm. Orientation for all staff will take place July 22, 2022.
Career Center Enrichment Assistants will be assigned by the Summer School Site Administrator for the following programs on an as needed basis:
Career Center Enrichment Course Offerings:
- Automotive Technology
- Digital Photography
- Unconventional Art
- College Essay Writing
- Television Production and Multimedia
RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions:
- Assist individuals or groups of students with classroom activities under the guidance and direction of a teacher
- Perform tasks assigned by teacher
- Assist with classroom and behavior management plans under teacher guidance
- Experience with children from diverse backgrounds
- One year experience working with students who have disabilities
QUALIFICATIONS: Preferred Qualifications:
- 60 college credits from a regionally accredited college/university; or Qualifying score on the ParaPro (455 or better)
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to take the initiative appropriately
- Flexible and willing to work as part of a team
If you would like to apply for a position please follow these steps.
1. Log in to your application and select the appropriate application (Current APS employees interested in transferring must select the Employee Transfer Application). If you are a new online application user, please regiser with the online system, then proceed to Step 2.
2. to your application, select the appropriate application, click the Start Application button at the bottom of the page.
3. Click the Continue/Save button at the bottom of the each web page until you reach the Employment Openings page of the application.
4. On the Employment Openings page, click the Add Job button.
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the drop down list.
6. Click the Add Another button to add a different position to your application or if you have finished click the Continue button and proceed to Step 7.
7. Once you have finished selecting the job(s) click the Continue button at the bottom of each web page and submit the application. (You will need to complete the Applicant Testimony and Applicant's Authorization Statement every time you re-submit your application).
8. Click the Submit button on the left.
9. Click the Submit Application button to finish applying for an APS position(s).
10. Please do not contact the schools regarding job openings.Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in Policy G-2.30, Employee Relations - Equal Employment Opportunity - that "Employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability."
Please follow the directions above.
Salary will be based on the FY2022-23 salary schedule.