To provide engaging, project based lessons that incorporate the 6C's of an infinite learner: communicator, collaborator, critical thinker, connector, creator, and citizen to students K-5 in a resource class across multiple content areas (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics).Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with teachers to review and develop STEAM curriculum materials and instructional plans in order to integrate STEAM lessons that are age appropriate and aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning and the Standards for Technological Literacy.
- Provides direct support to the classroom teacher by coaching and modeling the effective integration of STEAM lessons.
- Collaborates with the building level administration, building level staff, Science/Math Lead Teachers and district level Science/Math/Art urriculum Specialists in the development and implementation of programs, events and instructional practices that will increase the number and variety of STEAM experiences for all students.
- Provides building level support to teachers and paraprofessionals that increases their content knowledge in STEAM education, and teaches new instructional strategies through consultations and lesson modeling.
- Assists with the review and identification of quality instructional materials and pedagogical best practices, and provides staff development opportunities for teachers and administrators in the area of STEAM.
- Monitors various forms of documentation and records regarding STEAM integration and learning.
- Collects and uses data to make instructional decisions related to curriculum and instruction; monitors and assess curriculum, instruction and program effectiveness, and recommends and implements improvements to curriculum, instruction and program effectiveness based on on-going analysis of data.
- Serves as a leading member of the school based STEAM Committee. Coordinates school based STEAM student teams in preparation for annual CCPS STEAMmania event.
- Visits classrooms for teaching support and consultation; monitors STEAM instructional programs in the school; collects and analyzes data on the effect of STEAM integration on student content knowledge and problem solving ability.
- Delivers STEAM oriented instruction through Project Based Learning methods.
- Attends professional development and training related to STEAM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research.
- Maintains an inventory of materials to support the collection and organization of supplies necessary for teaching in a STEAM setting.
- Adheres to policies and regulations as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Considerable knowledge of the concepts, principles and methodologies of elementary math and science instruction in a public school setting; of current curriculum development, program implementation and planning in elementary math and science, learning theory, recent research and available state and local resources; child growth and development, group dynamics and related state and federal regulations. Experience teaching project based learning lessons to students in grades K-5. Demonstrated ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and well written communication and to react effectively with parents, students, teachers, administrators and the community. Working skills in the use of technology including word processing, spreadsheet and database software (Google apps for education preferred). Demonstrated ability to organize, schedule and monitor work assignments and to train and advise staff. Demonstrated ability in decision-making, problem analysis, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships, program management, research and planning and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Requirements
Must hold or be eligible to hold a valid Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in Elementary Education PreK-6. Prior teaching experience at the elementary level is preferred. Master's degree in education or a related field is preferred. Experience or additional endorsements in the areas of science, technology, engineering or science preferred.In addition to the on-line application, applicants who are not current CCPS teachers are required to submit:Transcripts
Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. References
Applicants must submit two (2) references as a part of their application package. Applicants with zero years teaching experience should submit references from their cooperating teacher and university supervisor. Applicants with recent teaching experience must provide references from principals and/or superintendents from all contracted teaching experiences within the past three (3) years. If experience is not within the past three (3) years, references from the last contracted work experience should be provided.
Applicants without direct classroom teaching experience should submit (2) references from the current employer, including one supervisory reference.Copy of Teaching license
*Please note: Attachments must be uploaded to each application for which you apply, they do not merge from applications you have already submitted to your new application.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position and does not imply an employment contract.