Start Date: Immediate
Role Type: Full-Time
Background: Bachelor’s degree, Public Education Administration, Business Development
Who We Are:
The Modern Classrooms Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers educators to build classrooms that respond to every student’s needs. Founded by two award-winning teachers, we lead a movement of educators in implementing a self-paced, mastery-based instructional model that leverages technology to foster human connection, authentic learning, and social-emotional growth.
To date, we have reached over 40,000 teachers through our free online course and 5,000+ teachers through our Virtual Mentorship Program from over 100 school, district, and state partners. We are an ambitious, idealistic team led by former classroom teachers, and we are passionate about what we do.
The primary avenue for growth at the Modern Classrooms Project is to build deep partnerships with schools, districts, and state agencies who seek to empower educators across their community with our blended, self-paced, mastery-based approach. The Director of New Business Development will drive our overall growth strategy by identifying, qualifying, and recruiting new partners into the Modern Classrooms Project community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Director of New Business Development will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will work on three key areas:
New Partner Identification - Manage and collaborate with regional partnership ambassadors across the country to identify new potential partners. This will include:
- Recruiting new partnership ambassadors who will be able to effectively source, build relationships with, and engage potential partners in targeted regions.
- Supporting partnership ambassadors by providing them with the materials, coaching, and strategy they need to bring new leads into our sales pipeline.
- Speaking on behalf of the Modern Classrooms Project at conferences, webinars, and events to source new partners.
- Staying on top of market trends and collaborating with the marketing team to best promote our value proposition to schools, districts, and states.
New Partner Engagement - Work with regional partnership ambassadors and the marketing team to move new potential partners through our sales pipeline. This will include:
- Building relationships with engaged leads to understand their needs and align them to our vision for K-12 innovation.
- Effectively communicating our value proposition to prospective partners through presentations and proposals.
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring a robust sales pipeline that aligns with our quarterly and annual partnership goals.
Deal Closing - Collaborate with the CEO, Vice President of Partnerships, and regional partnership ambassadors to close deals with new school, district, and state partners. This will include:
- Designing and pitching personalized proposals and agreements that align with the partners’ needs.
- Stewarding new partners through contract signing and deal closure, ensuring conversion through each stage of the sales pipeline.
- Tracking data on the effectiveness of new business development strategies to inform team strategy and communicate progress.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years working with school or district leadership.
- A deep understanding of the education sector and current trends.
- Comfort creating and delivering compelling presentations and proposals.
- Strong public speaking, writing, and communication skills.
- Outstanding relationship-building and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort working independently, remotely, and in a start-up environment.
- Comfort managing a large number of tasks at once and making data-driven decisions.
- A desire to be part of a dynamic team and an organization with ambitious goals for impact and scale.
- A passion for the Modern Classrooms Project’s mission and making the world a better place.
- Experience with new business development, preferred.
- Experience building and scaling systems, preferred.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Modern Classrooms Project is committed to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or ethnicity. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse team and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.