Administrative Support Services/Public Affairs OfficerDate Posted:
July/20222022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
NORWALK PUBLIC SCHOOLS Summary
The Digital Media Specialist performs media responsibilities including preparation and creation of publications, webpages, videography, photography and other digital communications assets. Assists in the implementation and promotion of the Board's initiatives, programs, events and vision. Duties include, but are not limited to: researching, writing, producing, photographing and video content creation and editing; developing social media content and managing the Board's social/emerging media presence, including monitoring trends, algorithms and legal considerations; designing and updating information on Board related websites, digital displays, and advertisements/publications; assisting with branding/marketing, including strategic planning and implementation across a variety of media. Responsible at times for working with departments to promote their individual initiatives, programs, events and goals. Duties may also include assisting with the development and distribution of news releases, fostering story development for media relations, participating and training in emergency management operations of the district. May manage contact with third-party marketing companies as needed. Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers by responding to requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate District goals to public, media, organizations, and all levels of government.
- Offer leadership and organization for marketing campaigns; develop and monitor citizen surveys and communications for effectiveness; prepare submissions for program recognition and publication.
- Support and develop communications programs utilizing multimedia, digital, and print assets. Develop and coordinate visual elements of publications, presentations, marketing pieces and informational packets.
- Responsible for the coordination of all external marketing communication. Create publications including annual reports when and if necessary, newsletters, brochures, flyers, reports, social media images, and any other strategic communication pieces.
- Research new technology, and evolving algorithms for use in communication activities.
- Assemble and maintain digital assets for District including video and photographic assets.
- Competent in print and video technology, development, production, editing, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in a related professional or technical field required. At least three (3) years of media, marketing and/or public relations experience required. Any combination of education and experience may be considered as a substitute for a degree or years of experience.
- Receives limited direction. The employee normally performs the duty assignment according to his or her own judgment, requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary. The assignment may be reviewed upon completion.
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills are required.
- Requires excellent communication and organization skills, strong analytical abilities, critical and strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to understand and compile statistical data.
- Must possess effective oral and written skills for large groups or individual presentations.
- Knowledge of website development and maintenance.
- Knowledge of social media platforms operations, tools, and best practices.
- Photographic and video editing skills.
- Knowledge of marketing, public relations, and website design.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Excellent marketing, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read literature, books, reviews, scientific or technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and/or legal documents. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Salary will be commensurate to experience and education.
Full Time Salary Exempt
Full fringe benefits Apply at
Click "Employment" NORWALK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Norwalk Board of Education to ensure equal educational opportunity for all students and to prohibit unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical and mental disability in the school district's educational program and activities; and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or physical and mental disability