High School Teaching/MathematicsDate Posted:
Harding High SchoolDate Available:
To Be DeterminedClosing Date:
Open until Filled BRIDGEPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR MATH TEACHER (Grades 9-12) HARDING HIGH SCHOOLRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and (as necessary) adjusts instructional goals and objectives, to reflect district/school goals, curriculum policies, and the knowledge, skills, progress, and needs of one's students.
- Designs lessons that provide opportunity for problem-solving, creativity, and communication skills in relation to authentic, real world problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards for behavior that foster student self-discipline and positive relationships among students.
- Plans learning activities to address individual differences among students.
- Commits to on-going professional development in content area and pedagogy.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates quality formative and summative assessments that reflect a balance of content knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Monitors and evaluates students' progress in relation to district/school curriculum policies and other planned goals and objectives.
- Encourages, secures and maintains the involvement of parents and other community members in support of instruction.
- Involves parents in the assessment of their children's progress and needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary will be in accordance with the BEA contract salary agreement. Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' Applitrack system: https://www.applitrack.com/bridgeport/onlineapp
- Required certification: Math, (029); Master's degree preferred
- Three years' successful teaching experience in an urban setting preferred
- Experience in the use of educational technology
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills
"The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."