High School TeachingDate Posted:
Harding High SchoolDate Available:
To Be DeterminedClosing Date:
Open until FilledBRIDGEPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER (Gr. 9-12)
Harding High School RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and (as necessary) adjusts instructional goals and objectives, to reflect district/school goals, curriculum policies, and the knowledge, skills, progress at the secondary level
- Designs lessons that provide opportunity for problem-solving, creativity, and communication skills in relation to authentic, real-world problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards for behavior that foster student self-discipline and positive relationships among students.
- Commits to on-going professional development in content area and pedagogy.
- Plans learning activities to address individual differences among students.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates quality formative and summative assessments that reflect a balance of content knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Monitors, and evaluates students' progress in relation to district/school curriculum and policies and other planned goals and objectives.
- Encourages, secures, and maintains the involvement of parents and other community members in support of instruction.
- Involves parents in the assessment of their children's progress and needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required certification: 047. Master's degree preferred
- Three years' successful teaching experience in an urban setting preferred
- Experience teaching web design tools preferred
- Experience in the use of educational technology
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relation skills
Proficient in CS (Web Design and Computer Science) Salary will be in accordance with the BEA contract salary agreement. Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' Applitrack system: https://www.applitrack.com/bridgeport/onlineapp
"The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."