Elementary School Teaching/ArtDate Posted:
Classical Studies AcademyDate Available:
To Be DeterminedClosing Date:
Open until Filled2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR BRIDGEPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Human Resources Department
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604ART TEACHER (PK - 8) Classical Studies AcademyRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides an atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for artistic and intellectual growth
- Establishes and (as necessary) adjusts instructional goals and objectives, to reflect district/school goals, curriculum policies, and the knowledge, skills, progress, and needs of one's students.
- Designs lessons that provide opportunity for problem-solving, creativity, and communication skills in relation to authentic, real world problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards for behavior that foster student self-discipline and positive relationships among students.
- Commits to on-going professional development in content area and pedagogy.
- Plans learning activities to address individual differences among students.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates quality formative and summative assessments that reflect a balance of content knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Monitors and evaluates students' progress in relation to district/school curriculum policies and other planned goals and objectives.
- Encourages, secures and maintains the involvement of parents and other community members in support of instruction.
- Involves parents in the assessment of their children's progress and needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary will be in accordance with the BEA contract salary agreement. Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' AppliTrack system: https://www.applitrack.com/bridgeport/onlineapp It is the policy of the Bridgeport Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, present or past mental disorder, mental retardation, or learning disability, in any of its education programs, activities, or employment practices. "Bridgeport Public Schools is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."
- Required certification: Art, Grades PK-12 (042); Master's degree preferred.
- Three years' successful teaching experience in an urban setting preferred.
- Experience in the use of educational technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.