Student Support Services/Assistive Technology SpecialistDate Posted:
West Hartford Public SchoolsDate Available:
West Hartford Public Schools is seeking to fill a position for a full-time Assistive Technology Specialist for the start of the 2022-23 school year. The Assistive Technology Specialist will provide assistive technology support to special education students in the Pre-K - Post Secondary, including students placed in out of district programs as outlined in their Individualized Education Programs and according to federal and state laws. Candidate must be experienced in assistive technology and augmentative communication tools, assistive tools (i.e. switches, buttons), learning apps, and learning based websites.
Must have special education CT Certification. Responsibilities include:
- Provides assistive technology evaluations of special education students recommended by the IEP teams.
- Provides consultation on assistive technology for individual students as written in a student's IEP.
- Provides ongoing assistive technology training to staff working in district-wide substantially separate special education programs.
- Monitors assistive technology needs of district wide special education programs and develops a short and a long-term plan to address these needs.
- Maintains and establishes an inventory of assistive technology hardware (beyond IPads/Chromebooks that are part of the district's 1:1 student devices) and software.
- Maintains subscriptions and site licenses.
- Collaborates effectively with building based AT team members and Instructional Technology Specialists as part of District Team.
- Manages Budget for AAC devices, tools and subscriptions.
- Experience with Augmentative and Alternative Communications Systems.
- Experience with wide variety of educational technology materials.
- Experience with conducting AAC assessments and recommending appropriate devices.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Please include a current resume, transcripts, copy of certification and 3 letters of recommendation dated within the last 365 days.
Excellent salary, benefits and working conditions.
Salary: negotiable per the teacher's salary schedule
Equity and Anti-Racism Vision
We, the members of West Hartford Public Schools, dedicate ourselves
to the pursuit of equity. Equitable schools are those that value and
honor ALL in our community as unique individuals capable of
maximizing their true potential. We make a solemn promise to identify
and dismantle all elements of systemic racism and historical inequities.
We vow to clear paths, with a relentless duty to those in traditionally
marginalized groups. We pledge to partner with ALL families in the
service of the success of each child.