The Burlington School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking applicants to fill our Burlington High School Varsity Girls Basketball Head coaching vacancy for the 2022-2023 school year. Successful candidates will demonstrate an energy and passion for athletics and working with student-athletes, strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills, and knowledge of the sport. Our goal is to have coaches who work to provide an education-based environment that fosters the attributes of individual and team improvement, fair play, sportsmanship, teamwork, and school spirit in pursuit of a common goal through safe and challenging practices while preparing and leading student-athletes in competition. Applicants must be able to develop a solid rapport with student-athletes, work cooperatively with the athletic program, provide positive leadership, and model the ideals of good citizenship.
It is the intent of the Burlington School District to establish long-term commitments from all Varsity coaches, allowing the successful candidate(s) to build and develop strong feeder programs. The application-screening process will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. We encourage candidates to promote their specialization, area of interest, and coaching philosophy and experience in his or her application. People of the BIPOC/global majority community are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong knowledge of coaching principles and technical aspects of sport is required.
- Experience coaching high school-aged student-athletes is preferred.
- After-school availability, some weekends required.
- Successful completion of Criminal Background and Child Abuse/Neglect Registry Checks required.
- Mandated Reporter training required.
- Must meet certifications and training requirements of the Vermont Principals' Association (VPA):
- Concussion in Sports - immediately upon hire
- CPR/AED - immediately upon hire
- Implicit Bias - immediately upon hire
- Fundamentals of Coaching - within one year of hire
- Sports First Aid - within one year of hire
If you are committed to the success of all students and enjoy athletics, but do not meet all the qualifications listed, you are still encouraged to apply.Primary Location:
Athletics - Burlington High School Salary Range:
per CBA - per CBA / Extracurricular (Stipend) Shift Type: