POSITION: Executive Assistant to the Heads of Schools
REPORTS TO: Director of School Projects
POSITION TYPE: 12-month
START DATE: Immediate Hire
COMPENSATION: $19.17 - $24.92
EVERY OPPORTUNITY STARTS WITH A YES
Great schools begin with great people who believe every day is an opportunity to make a difference. At YES Prep, you have an opportunity to join a family of diverse educators who are leveling the playing field by providing opportunities for a high-quality, college-forward curriculum while also ensuring our students feel supported through their academic journey and empowered to lead choice-filled lives. YES Prep is more than a family of public charter schools, it's the future of public education-it's an opportunity to say, "Yes, you can!"
Our campuses are advancing educational equity. Some quick stats about us:
1,800 Team Members
19 Secondary Campuses
6 Elementary Campuses
91% Students Who Qualify for Free/Reduced-Price Lunch
94% Hispanic & African-American Students
90% Students Who Are Accepted to a 4-Year University
88% First-Generation College Students
Top 100 High Schools in the Nation, U.S. News & World Report
We serve the students of Houston, Texas, the 4th largest city across the United States. There are over 20 public-school districts and other great public charter school options, like KIPP Texas-Houston and IDEA Public Schools, within Houston's city limits serving our increasing population. We are a rapidly growing organization, committed to creating life-changing opportunities for over 23,000 students by 2025.
When you join the YES Prep team, some of the exciting work and responsibilities will include:
• Managing the Heads of Schools' calendar and time, scheduling meetings and communicating with internal and external stakeholders;
• Coordinating travel arrangements for the Heads of Schools;
• Managing reimbursements for the Heads of Schools;
• Overseeing and managing a variety of high priority projects, as well as completing ad-hoc projects, requests, and analysis;
• Serving as the primary event planner for the logistical planning and execution for events such as Principal Meetings, diversity and affinity summits, and smaller scale Heads of Schools events;
• Communicating and engaging with participants around logistics, timelines and statuses;
• Assisting with the creation and organization of presentation and meeting materials, such as PowerPoint slides, documents, and related materials;
• Focusing on internal projects and initiatives to support future growth;
• Analyzing and preparing reports regarding system wide data;
• Additional duties as assigned.
We seek staff with diverse backgrounds, talents, interests, and ideas. Certain traits consistently shine through for our most successful employees: passion for the mission, drive for results, care for students, resilience, and humility. Other traits needed and desired for this role are:
THE MUST HAVES
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an administrative or operations role
• Evidence of producing great work products on quick timelines
• Strong writing skills and aesthetically pleasing work product delivery
• Belief in and commitment to the mission and core values of YES Prep Public Schools
• Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback
• Demonstrated ability to work on a team
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
• Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
THE NICE TO HAVES
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office programs
• Effective communicator in both written and oral form, with excellent clarity and grammar
• Embody a "whatever it takes" spirit and ability to be flexible when priorities adjust on a quick timeline
• Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
• Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality
• Spanish fluency (written and spoken)
• Compensation-This position is an hourly position;
• Health and Supplemental Insurance- A $0 monthly medical option that includes $600 towards a Health Savings Account, in addition to a variety of supplemental benefits including Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, etc. Employees must work 20+ hours a week to be eligible for a full spectrum of benefits, and 10 hours a week minimum for medical benefits.
• Retirement Plans- Participation in Teacher Retirement System of Texas and a 457 Retirement Plan.
• Paid Time Off- 10 days of Paid Time Off in addition to the system closures of our Academic Calendar for all regularly scheduled employees working 20+ hours a week.
• Paid Leave Programming- In the event you need to be out due to medical needs (including maternity and paternity leave), YES Prep offers paid leave, paid out at 100%, based on eligibility and tenure.
• Professional Development- YES Prep values longevity and performance over time. We invest in developing leaders through high-quality programs, effective coaching, and ongoing professional development.
• Award Winning Culture-The strong cultures of our campuses and Home Office are just one of many reasons we were named Houston's Best Place to work in 2018, 2019, 2021. We won the 2012 Broad Prize for Excellence in Urban Education and were a 2016 finalist as well.
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO EQUITY & DIVERSITY
YES Prep strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for students when their teachers and leaders reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Ninety-five percent (95%) of staff members agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity according to our latest system survey.
YES Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.