SANDRA TODD WILLIAMS ACADEMY
Traditional 186 work days per year
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/
. About this job:
School Teachers will teach grade level material, content specific lesson plans, and Personal Development, following DPS standards-based curriculum. What You'll Do:
We are excited about you because you will:
- Help all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding.
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforce positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
- Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare educational course outlines, objectives and materials according to curriculum guidelines or state and local requirements.
- Present subject matter to students, using various teaching methods and technology, adjusting teaching style and method to meet student learning style.
What DPS Offers You:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in education or in the subject areas for which you are applying.
- Master's Degree, preferred.
- Have a valid Colorado Department of Education (CDE) teaching license. Click here for additional information regarding specific requirements and qualifications for the various subject areas ( DPS does accept a CDE Application Receipt for 90 days .)
- Have the ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Provide effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to manage classroom and coordinate and instruct student activities.
- Have an anti-racist mindset and will work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demands of the position.
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- Competitive Teacher Compensation and Procomp Incentive plan, click here for the DCTA Teacher and SSP Salary Schedule
- DPS Total Rewards includes time off , health and wellness benefits, and PERA Retirement.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.