NORTH HIGH SCHOOL
Traditional 186 work days per year
Refer to the CTE salary guide here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AIvRy1x34Hl7MyrwZg6eLfoo0pjnycyl/view?usp=sharing Subjects and Grades:
* Position begins in school year 2022 - 2023
* Grades - 9th-12th Essential Functions and Objectives:
Teaches diverse high school students career & technical courses as outlined in the school's program approval. Facilitates student learning in specific content areas aligned with the Colorado Career Cluster Model. Instruction is project-based. Assists in facilitating internships, job shadows, mentorships, and/or college visits and maintains an advisory committee and serves as an advisor to the related career & technical student organization.
As part of TechConnect, the Computer Science Programming pathway is designed to develop student skills in basic computer functions, web and app development and problem solving to prepare students for careers in software development and more. This instructor will teach classes in computer science, video game design, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, web/app design and AP computer sciences.
Must possess a CTE endorsement in Information Technology.
May need to attend Project Lead the Way (PLTW) or other training during summer or during year
* Presents subject matter using various teaching methods (e.g., lectures, technology, discussions) and technology in order to adapt to varied learning styles
* Counsels students to encourage and support student achievement and career planning
* Monitors and manages behavior of assigned students and enforces rule of conduct in accordance with school and District policy; observes, evaluates, records, and reports student activity, performance, attendance, behavior, social development, and physical health as required by administrators
* Prepares educational course outlines, objectives, and materials according to curriculum guidelines and/or state and local requirements
* Establishes and communicates clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects and administers and evaluates tests and assignments
* Communicates with parents/guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve behavioral and academic problems and coordinate instructional efforts
* Maintains program compliance with program approval, which includes serving as an advisor to the appropriate career & technical student organization and maintaining a program advisory committee
* Maintains and supervises use of any lab/technology equipment
* 3 + years professional industry experience in the content area within past 7 years
* 3+ years experience working with diverse populations
* 3+ years adjunct status with a community college in content area strongly preferred
* Broad knowledge of techniques and practices used in related industry
* Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Ability to manage classroom and plan and execute lessons to meet the needs of a variety of learners
* Works effectively as member of multi-disciplinary team
* Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats
* The ability to take responsibility for one's own performance
* Aptitude for variety and changing expectations in a fast-paced environment
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
* Must possess or have the ability to acquire appropriate secondary Career and Technical Education authorization/endorsement from Colorado Department of Education
* Minimum: Bachelor's degree - Bachelor's degree acceptable for certain content areas; In some content areas, must have completed or be willing to complete required curriculum training related to content
*Preferred: Concurrent Enrollment requirements - Masters degree or masters +18 hours in the appropriate content Other information:
North High School puts students at the core of everything we do, with a focus on ensuring every student achieves to their highest potential. We provide unparalleled differentiated professional development opportunities for both new and experienced educators. We have a team approach to teaching which reinforces the collaborative learning environment at North. The high school, which has been a cornerstone of the neighborhood for more than 100 years, is rich in tradition, yet is preparing scholars for college and career readiness in a 21st century world. Additional Information
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools. About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org
. Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.