MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Southwest A bout this job:
T he Team Specialist is a teacher who, in addition to providing high-quality instruction in their own classroom, amplifies their impact by facilitating collaborative team time to support a team or sub-team of teachers in developing their ability to deliver joyful, rigorous and personalized instruction that leads to high academic achievement. The Team Specialist does not have release time for this leadership role, but plans and delivers content in addition to their classroom teacher responsibilities. See here
for full role description. This Team Specialist role is open only to people who already hold a teaching position within this school building. Candidates who do not yet hold a teaching position at this school next year must secure one before applying to this role. W hat You'll Do:
T he goal of a Team Specialist is to improve student learning through the facilitation of collaborative team time to support teacher and school growth in at least one of the following areas:
- Rigorous and relevant curricula in daily and long-term planning.
- Equity in instruction to close achievement gaps through culturally responsive teaching practices and improved supports for English language learners.
- Use of student data including Data-Driven Instruction (DDI) and Student Learning Objective (SLO) progress monitoring.
Team Specialists do this by:
- Developing the capacity of a team of teachers through facilitation of collaboration and professional learning during collaborative team time.
- Ensuring that expectations, processes, and objectives for collaborative time are aligned with support that teachers are receiving from their supervisors (Senior / Team Lead and/or School Leader). This collaborative time complements, and does not supplant, the collaborative time led by Senior / Team Leads.
- Building capacity among a team of teachers, developing a team culture of continuous learning that maximizes staff and student morale and performance.
Team Specialist may also employ other techniques to support the effective implementation of standards, including:
We are excited about you because you will:
- Hosting and/or facilitating learning labs.
- Leading the data inquiry process.
- Sharing resources.
- Facilitating small group or whole-staff professional learning.
- Facilitating Virtual Learning Communities.
- Serving as a model classroom.
What DPS Offers You:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- Must meet all licensure and certification requirements for teacher roles in the District.
- Must hold a District teacher position that is evaluated through LEAP and responsible for student outcomes in Infinite Campus by time of service (e.g. must be hired into a teaching role in order to also be hired into a Team Specialist role).
- Must participate in required on-boarding and training over the summer and during the school year.
- Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demand of the position.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- The person serving in this role will receive an annual stipend of $1,650 , in addition to the full salary for his/her teaching role.
- DPS Total Rewards includes time off , health and wellness benefits , and PERA Retirement .