OFFICE OF SCHOOLS
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $78,378 - $97,974 E ssential Functions and Objectives:
R esponsible for strategic insight and management of programs and initiatives that affects the district in achieving its long term and overreaching goals. Leads the day to day operations of a broader strategic function and shapes the framework of DPS in a forward thinking and dynamic manner. Primary emphasis is achieving results by building engagement and empowering their teams. Manages district wide initiatives and high impact teams, with a greater span of control.
P rovides strategic leadership to develop and drive accountability structures for district annual and multiyear strategic planning to achieve optimal impact toward the District vision that all learners thrive. Responsible for strategic insight and management of programs and initiatives that affects the district in achieving its long term and overreaching goals.
- Designs and leads the overall methodology for district strategy development, progress monitoring and improvement, including processes and tools that facilitate broad stakeholder understanding and engagement in strategic processes and outcomes.
- Leads the analysis of strategy execution to identify and align the investments, staff resources and championship necessary to implement strategies and achieve impact goals.
- Develops and oversees processes for identification, prioritization, allocation and management of district pilot investments and internal and external grant opportunities.
- Facilitates cross-functional teams to address gaps in strategy development or execution, using methods that ensure the voice of users and stakeholders informs assessments and solutions.
- Designs and leads district pilot-to-scale planning and implementation, using change management and improvement science principles to inform the design of taking best practices to scale.
- Works cross-functionally to identify and design analytical work in support of strategy development, execution, and progress monitoring.
- Builds and oversees the communication plan for sharing the portfolio of district strategies with internal and external stakeholders, collaborating with communications team to leverage district communication strategies and channels. K nowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) or more years of leadership experience; experience working proactively, cultivating and sustaining strategic partnerships in support of schools and students, and experience with project and program management is required.
- Experience with strategy development, implementation, measurement, and adjustment, preferably in a large organization, is required.
- Two (2) or more years of management responsibility experience is required.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
- Superior leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to develop and interpret data and manage resources.
- Ability to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to effectively lead a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team. E ducation Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communication, Economics, Public Aministration, Education or related field is required.
- Master's Degree is preferred. A dditional Information:
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools. A bout Denver Public Schools:
D enver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
D PS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org
D enver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.