About the Organization
Fusion Academy is a revolutionary alternative, accredited private school for grades 6-12 that offers a fully individualized classroom: one student, one teacher. As the nationwide leader in one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences, or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance, Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students' emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable opportunity for career advancement throughout the country. Pay RangeLocation(s)
Marin, Marin DescriptionLocation:
Fusion Academy Marin, 1600 Los Gamos Drive, Suite 380, San Rafael, CA 94903Position Summary:
This position is responsible for ensuring the Homework Caf
(HC) meets Fusion's brand promise, managing the HC operations and HC teachers, and developing and maintaining a comprehensive, well-rounded student social experience. Requirements for this position include a Bachelor's degree and at least three years of teaching or tutoring and/or school administration experience. The ideal candidate must relate well with others, have exceptional classroom management skills, lead by example, have positive energy, encompass the ability to remain calm in a high-paced environment, and be a self-starter. They must respect the personhood of the student while maintaining authority, boundaries, and discipline. The Director of Homework Caf
must create a healthy balance between productivity toward homework completion, socialization, and fun. Knowledge of multiple subjects at the high school level and experience with Special Education and Youth Mental Health background is a plus. Key Responsibilities Include:
Position RequirementsCandidate must have knowledge and/or experience in:
- Ensure students are completing assignments through managing an effective sign out process.
- Communicating with all stakeholders to share successes and develop strategies to ensure academic success.
- Support teachers to individualize their student's assignments, using accommodations and modifications.
- Provide input for students quarterly goal setting.
- Facilitate the administration of formal assessment tools and surveys.
- Supervise weekly Friday Mastery Day.
- Manage student extracurricular activities, student yearly events, community service events, and weekly student meetings.
- Monitor cleanliness, organization, and productivity of the Homework Cafe throughout the day.
- Manage Homework Caf teaching team and ensure the HC is staffed appropriately, providing adequate student support.
- Manage inventory of and student access to resources such as texts and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supporting students toward the completion of a broad range of assignments.
- Effectively communicating with parents, teachers, and students.
- Creating and maintaining a positive social environment for students.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and productive working space for students.
- Leading a team toward common goals .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Number of Openings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong customer service.
- Patience and problem solving approach when addressing issues.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment and embrace change with flexibility.
- Highly organized, with the ability to constantly multi task and self-direct.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in written and oral communication.
- Solid listening and communicating skills.
- Motivation to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to direct and empower others, and mediate conflict.
This position is currently accepting applications.