Curriculum/Professional DevelopmentDate Posted:
PDC Process for Applying: Online Application Updated: Resume 2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year) Copy of Certification or Proof of Credentials Summary
Develops and coordinates activities for professional development to implement the Curriculum Project in accordance with the East Baton Rouge Parish School System's Strategic Plan. Will prepare and present appropriate professional development to train teachers to implement the curriculum and to provide follow-up training as needed. Will collect data from multiple sources to make recommendations for improving the curriculum and will train teachers on changes made. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses and demonstrate working knowledge of adult learning theory. Is able to provide training to school level Instructional Management Team members in the application of these theoretical principles to professional learning in schools.
- Trains school-level Instructional Management Team members to develop model unit and daily lesson plans at all levels of the content area.
- Develops unit and benchmark assessments that align with the curriculum and state mandated assessments.
- Teaches demonstration lessons.
- Trains school-level Instructional Management Team members to facilitate student learning by training professionals to accurately collect, disaggregate, analyze, and interpret student data for planning content specific instructional strategies grounded in scientifically based research.
- Trains school-level Instructional Management Team members to facilitate lesson development using data to plan for student learning.
- Determines professional development needs of instructional staff based on assessment data, classroom observations, conferences, needs assessments, and administrator recommendation.
- Assists in planning with colleges and universities for content specific course offerings for the district to attain and maintain highly qualified teachers.
- Plans and conduct needs assessment; selects research based strategies for content-specific professional learning.
- Keeps abreast of current educational trends by reading professional journals and by attending professional meetings related to curriculum content. Accepts responsibility for expertise and training in the curriculum area for professionals in the schools.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities to continue to develop own skills and knowledge.
- Promote high quality staff development by implementing National Staff Development Council (NSDC) Staff Development Standards.
- Provides leadership in individual schools to insure that professional development is designed and implemented to differentiate learning to meet the individual needs of students from all subgroups.
- Provides training to school level planning teams to assist with program implementation, personnel staffing, scheduling, and other activities that facilitate achievement of program objectives.
- Provides training to assist with oversight of initiatives at school sites, such as curriculum implementation, use of the EduSoft program, using data to plan for instruction.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Must possess a valid Louisiana Teacher's Certificate; and a minimum of five years successful teaching experience. Meets the definition of highly qualified in the state of Louisiana, as defined under the No Child Left Behind act. A Master of Education Degree is preferred.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities (including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability or gender in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment), and it is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by Title IX (20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC 794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis, Director of Risk Management (ADavis6@ebrschools.org
), - phone (225)929-8705
. The Section 504 Coordinator is Danielle Staten, 504 Coordinator (email@example.com
) - phone (225)929-8621.