2022-2023 SPECIAL EDUCATION (MOID) TEACHER (IN-PERSON LEARNING)
Douglass High School
Teacher - Position - SPECIAL EDUCATION GENERAL CURRICULUM (P-12) Job Number :
4600253551 Start Date : Open Date :
05/13/2022 Closing Date : POSITION SUMMARY:
Atlanta Public Schools is looking for a motivated and highly effective MOID (Moderately Intellectually Disabled) Teacher
that utilizes current strategies and theories to plan, organize and implement structures lessons. Knowledge of general characteristics of children that are moderate, severe, or profound intellectual disability and other related services that may include special transportation, occupational, physical therapies speech, adapted physical education, and assist with technology. This position reports to the School Principal and will be assigned to be physically present in the school building location.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Requirements : EDUCATION:
- Instructs students with a moderate, severe, or profound intellectual disabled through lectures, discussions, visual aids, and other effective teaching methods for student comprehension.
- Prepares lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the material.
- Administers various types of assessments i.e. performance assessments, formal and informal assessments, etc. to monitor student progress and develop an Individualized Educational Plan.
- Monitors students in the classroom and throughout the school to maintain order and discipline.
- Performs various administrative duties such as taking attendance, organizing the classroom, and recording grades.
- Coordinates parent/teacher conferences as needed to review student's performance, behavior and other issues.
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions.
Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of a Georgia Professional Standards Commission issued Standard Renewable, Performance-Based Renewable, or Induction teaching certificate at a level 4 (bachelor's degree level) or higher in Special Education Adapted Curriculum P-12.
- Eligibility for a Georgia Professional Standards Commission Provisional teaching certificate (BT) based on Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher, passing scores on the GACE Program Admissions Assessment or exemption eligibility, and completion of the GACE Ethics Program Entry Assessment (test code 350).
Compensation : Salary Grade:
Zero (0) years of teaching experience
T4 Bachelor - T7 Doctorate Salary Range:
APS Teacher Salary Scale Work Year:
202 Days FLSA Status :
Exempt Employment Category :
Certified Reports to: :