2022-2023 MATH TEACHER (IN-PERSON LEARNING)
David T. Howard Middle School
Teacher - Position - MATHEMATICS Job Number :
4600253457 Start Date : Open Date :
05/13/2022 Closing Date :
05/31/2022 Atlanta Public Schools
is looking for a self motivated MATH TEACHER (for the 2022-2023 SY)
to provide face-to-face instructions with students in the school building with the ability to ensure student success through differentiated instruction.The candidate must be adaptable to changing school and district needs and able to create and maintain a climate that promotes respect, tolerance, and peaceful problem solving for all students and teach REP Reading courses. This position reports to the School Principal and will be assigned to be physically present in the school building location.Performance Responsibilities:
Requirements : Education:
- Reports in person to the school building to provide face-to-face instruction to students.
- Able to provide instruction simultaneously to in-person and remote learning, if necessary.
- Responsive to changing school and district instructional needs.
- Instructs students through lectures, discussions, visual aids, and other effective teaching methods for student comprehension.
- Prepares lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the material.
- Administers various types of assessments to monitor student's comprehension of the material.
- Monitors students in the classroom, at lunch or throughout the school by maintaining order and discipline.
- Performs various administrative duties such as taking attendance, organizing the classroom, and recording grades.
- Coordinates parent/teacher conferences to review student's performance, behavior and other issues.
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor's Degree required Certification/ Licenses:
- Minimum of a T4-Certification in Secondary MATHOR
- Passed the Program Admissions Assessment or have exemption eligibility (ACT/SAT scores)and passed the GACE in Secondary MATH (6-8) or (6-12)Work Experience:
- Zero (0) years of teaching experience Available for face-to-face instruction within the school building with students present Compensation : Salary Grade:
T4 Bachelor - T7 Doctorate Salary Range:
APS Teacher Salary Scale Work Year:
202 Days FLSA Status :
Exempt Employment Category :
Certified Reports to: :