JOB STATUS: OPEN
CLOSING DATE: 06/24/2022 12:00 AM
POSTING NUMBER: SS22-VLPA1
LOCATION: Virtual Learning Program
POSITION TITLE: Summer School- Virtual Instructional Assistant
JOB DESCRIPTION: Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Summer assignments will be staffed based on student needs. APS will make every effort to assign staff based on preference, however there is no guarantee that you will be assigned to the preference you elected. If you are not assigned based upon your preference, APS will keep your application on file should that preference become available. Orientation:
July 1, 2022 Program Dates:
JULY 5 - JULY 29 (elementary school)
JULY 5 - AUG 5 (secondary school) Location: Virtual Model: Virtual
- Provide support to classroom teachers in delivering instruction to students
- Provide support to classroom teachers in preparing classroom materials as requested
- Provide support in implementing daily classroom routines as requested
- Provide support to an Innovation Hour, an open house event for families to engage with the engineering curriculum
- Provide building support as directed by administration
- Experience with diverse student needs (academic and social-emotional)
- Experience with students in classroom setting
- Experience with using and integrating technology
- Flexible and willing to work as part of a team
- 60 college credits from a regionally accredited college/university; or qualifying score on the ParaPro (455 or better)
- Ability to support hands-on learning in whole and small-group settings
You must submit an online summer school application to apply for a position. Follow these steps to apply to more than one position.
1. Log into your application.
2. Click on the Start Application button.
3. Click on the Continue button at the bottom of each page until you get to the Employment Openings page of the application.
4. Click the Add Job button.
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the list.
6. Click on either the Continue or Add Another to add a different position
7. Click the Agreement section on the left next to the Red box.
8. Enter Yes if you agree to the Applicant's Authorization Statement then click Continue at the bottom of the page.
9. Click the Submit button on the left.
10. Click the Submit Application to finish applying for an APS position(s).
Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in the School Board Policy G-2.30, that employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, and/or disability.
Contact Danielle Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer School Assistants who are APS employees during the year will be paid the Non-VRS equivalant rate - Hourly rate or $14.52/hr., whichever is higher. ( Please note Salary earned relative to summer school employment will not be included in the employee's creditable compensation amount reported to the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).) Retired APS Assistants will be paid $24.86 per hour. Non-APS Assistants will be paid $14.92 per hour. If you resign effective the last day of the school year, you will receive a flat rate of 14.92 per hour for Assistants. Pay Plan 21/22 SY (Page 50)