JOB STATUS: UNTIL FILLED
POSTING DATE: 05/13/2022
POSTING NUMBER: T22/23-444.34.1
LOCATION: Oakridge Elementary
POSITION TITLE: Elem Classroom Teacher
Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
This position is a 1.0 FTE located at Oakridge Elementary School
- Implements instructional programs that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students using appropriate instructional materials
- Maintains safe and orderly environment
- Communicates with parents/guardians
- Maintains complete and accurate student records
- Collaborates with school administrators, other teachers, instructional assistants, parents, and community members
- Monitors and assesses student achievement
- Attends ongoing professional learning and meetings
- Teaching experience in the above mentioned areas
- Knowledge of best instructional practices
- Ability to integrate technology
- Experience in educational and instructional leadership
Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure in Elementary Education PreK-6
Dual endorsement in English as a Second Language and/or Special Education, or in any other content area, is preferred but not required.
If you would like to apply to this position please follow these steps.
1. Log into your application and select the appropriate application (Current APS employees interested in transferring must select the Employee Transfer Application
.) If you are a new online application user, please register with the online system, then proceed to Step 2.
2. to your application, select the appropriate application, click the Start Application
button at the bottom of the page.
3. Click the Continue/Save
button at the bottom of each web page until you reach the Employment Openings
page of the application.
4. On the Employment Openings
page, click the Add Job
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the drop down list.
6. Click the Add Another
button to add a different position to your application or if you have finished click the Continue
button and proceed to Step 7
7. Once you have finished selecting the job(s) click the Continue
button at the bottom of each web page and submit the application. (You will need to complete the Applicant Testimony
and Applicant's Authorization Statement
every time you re-submit your application.)
8. Click the Submit
button on the left.
9. Click the Submit Application
button to finish applying for an APS position(s).
10. Please do not contact
the schools regarding job openings.
Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in Policy G-2.30, Employee Relations - Equal Employment Opportunity - that "Employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability."
GROUP / GRADE: Classroom-001
Salary will be based on the FY2022-23 salary schedule.