Instructional Technology Specialist
Landstown Elementary School
Certified - Position - Instructional Technology SpecialistJob Number
3700199008Start Date Open Date
05/13/2022Closing Date GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Instructional Technology Specialist (ITS) is responsible for working collaboratively with the administration and staff in an assigned school(s) to support the implementation of innovative instructional practices. Emphasis is placed on creating a support structure that assists classroom teachers in leveraging technology to create a personalized learning environment for all students. The position will serve as the technology program manager, instructional technology leader, and instructional technology partner/coach for teachers across all content areas. The position reports to and is evaluated by an assigned coordinator from The Department of Teaching and Learning. School principals will provide feedback regarding the instructional technology specialist's site performance which will be included in the summative evaluation.ESSENTIAL TASKS
As a Program Manager
- Plan, manage, and oversee site based implementation of the division's digital and personalized learning programs.
- Manage the digital and personalized learning programs and resources while:
- Creating an environment that fosters interest and growth in all aspects of technology.
- Establishing and maintaining rapport with all staff and students.
- Communicating high learning expectations.
- Creating a safe physical environment that is conducive to learning.
- Establish an environment that encourages innovative, creative, and independent use of instructional technology throughout the school.
- Participate in professional growth activities that result in enhanced knowledge of best practices in instructional technology and digital learning.
As an Instructional Technology Leader/Partner/Coach
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Plan, prepare, and deliver site-based professional learning activities that focus on the integration of technology as well as other innovative instructional best practices to support the curriculum.
- Ensure the effective integration of the International Society of Technology in Education Standards (ISTE), the Virginia State Technology SOLs and the Virginia Beach City Public Schools Computer/Technology Student Proficiencies through the use of coaching and cooperative teaching methods.
- Collaborate with staff from the Departments of Teaching and Learning and Technology to select, implement, and adapt technology to support curriculum across all content areas.
- Provide a high level of support, through modeling and coaching, to teachers and other school staff in the use of innovative instructional practices and supportive instructional technology that lead to improved student learning.
- Coach teachers to facilitate their development of knowledge, skills, and understanding of supportive technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students. Must possess the ability to integrate technology into curricular areas; successfully complete simultaneous, multiple, dissimilar projects in a timely manner and to work with little direct supervision; demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills; working knowledge of an integrated software package; technical skill in using Windows operating system, networks, and instructional technology; advanced oral and written communication skills; public relations skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills between faculty and staff; advanced knowledge and expertise in specific skill areas; ability to train end-users, both students and teachers; ability to initiate, plan, and implement ideas; ability to learn and implement information systems; ability to interpret and follow written instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public. Ability to create a relevant learning experiences by integrating appropriate technologies to enrich the instructional program.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCERequired:
Bachelor's degree. Possess or be eligible for a teacher license from the Virginia Department of Education. Minimum of three (3) years of successful teaching experience. Demonstrated teacher leadership such as grade level/department chair, academic coordinator, school improvement coordinator, etc. Virginia Technology TSIP compliant.Preferred:
Five (5) years of successful teaching experience. ISTE NETS*T or eTeacher certification.
A comparable amount of training and experience maybe substituted for the minimum qualifications.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO APPLY
- Performance of some duties may occasionally involve flexible work hours.
- Virginia Technology TSIP compliant.
- ISTE NETS*T or eTeacher certification preferred.
- Possession of a valid Virginia driver's license.
Please see "Job Posting Link" below for a complete job description.
External Applicants: If you are interested in applying for this position, you must create an account. Please select "Login and Apply" from the bottom of this posting. After creating an account, please login, complete the online application, and apply for this job.
Eligible Internal Applicants: Follow these instructions to complete a transfer application. After creating an account, please complete the application and apply for this job.Reports To
Ashley GodfreyFull Time or Part Time?
Full TimeJob Posting Link
https://p19cdn4static.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_78010/File/Employment/Apply%20Now/Resources/jobs/ITS.pdfSalary Range: From/To
Instructional Experience-Based Step Pay Scale: 11-Months
Salary will be based on job-related creditable years of full-time, verified work experience. Entry-level salary will be awarded at the time of hire. Upon the return of employment verification forms from the candidate's current and previous employers, the salary will be adjusted if creditable full-time experience is confirmed.
VBCPS offers a full range of benefits including health insurance, paid life insurance, paid sick/personal reasons leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development and membership in the Virginia Retirement System.Start Date
2022-2023 School Yr
Virginia Beach City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, disability, marital status, age, genetic information or veteran status in its programs and activities. (Reference: School Board Policies 2-33, 4-4, 4-6)
To seek resolution of grievances resulting from alleged discrimination or to report violations of these policies, please contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at (757) 263-1133, 2512 George Mason Drive, Municipal Center, Building 6, Virginia Beach, VA, 23456.
Alternative formats of this application which may include taped, Braille, or large print materials are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Call or write the Department of Human Resources, Virginia Beach City Public Schools, 2512 George Mason Drive, P.O. Box 6038, Virginia Beach, VA 23456-0038. Telephone: (757) 263-1133 (voice); (757) 263-1240 (TDD) or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.