High School Teaching/MathematicsDate Posted:
Yorkville High SchoolDate Available:
Yorkville Community School District 115 - website Position Purpose
To facilitate student success and growth by implementing district-approved curriculum, addressing the specific educational needs of individual students, and by creating a flexible, safe, and optimal learning environment. In accordance with the strategic plan and the mission and vision of the Board of Education, successful candidates are able to provide meaningful feedback to students, parents, and administration and facilitate the academic and emotional growth of students. Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Develops and administers school high school math curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a virtual classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual students' needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the District.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievements, and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids, and other supplies and equipment.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing protocol.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the program administrator and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent. Note:
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility. Equipment
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printers, copy and fax machines, and telephone. Travel Requirements
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of high school math curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis, and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network systems and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Works in standard office and school building environments. Note:
Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory, and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position. Qualifications Profile
- Certification/License: Professional Educator License (PEL)
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus. FLSA Status: Exempt