Secretarial/Clerical/Data Entry ClerkDate Posted:
Madison Station ElementaryDate Available:
2022-2023 School YearClosing Date:
05/23/2022 Job Title:
Data Clerk Reports To:
Building Principal FLSA Status:
Exempt POSITION SUMMARY
The Data Clerk will coordinate student's attendance, discipline, and academic courses, with the local schools, and the Office of Student Records. QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience utilizing secretarial, data, and/or bookkeeping skills desired
- Monitors and coordinates student attendance, discipline, and academic course with the local schools.
- Answers phone, takes messages, gives information to callers, routes calls to appropriate individuals, and returns calls.
- Compose or transcribes correspondence as directed.
- Files correspondence and other records; prepares orders and monthly travel reports; maintains conference and secretarial accounts; keeps accurate records on personnel absences.
- Operates computers, printers, copiers, scanners, and other equipment utilized by the department to facilitate workload and enhance office operations.
- Accesses District information systems and completes forms.
- Utilizes student information system to access and record student information
- Completes and submits all paperwork and reports required by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Promotes positive relationships with local school personnel, central office staff members, parents and the general public by assisting whenever possible.
- Self-directs and able to follow-up without being prompted.
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to ensure that quality processes are in place to ensure accuracy of information.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and parents.
- Thorough knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of office management and of modern office procedures, systems, and equipment such as typewriters, calculators, and word processors.
- Knowledge in maintaining confidentiality of information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and unsupervised on confidential assignments, clerical tasks and with confrontational people.
- Possess technical aptitude necessary to learn current and future student management applications and the integration of such software with common office applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy in exercising duties.
- Excellent organization, time management and telephone skills.
- Performs all necessary activities related to data extraction and reporting for District, state and federal accountability and funding requirements. Including but not limited to data entry, review, verification and extraction of student attendance records.
- Receives and file Free and Reduced Price Lunch Lists.
- Sends cumulative folders for all new students.
- Moves cumulative folder at the end of the year.
- Pulls, records, and sends inactive cumulative folders to Student Records Department
- Send fifth-grade student cumulative files to the middle school.
- Creates letter for proof of residency as required by MCS.
- Creates new sections for teachers at the beginning of school year so students can be scheduled.
- Records paraprofessional's percentage of time with each teacher on MSIS.
- Enrolls new students on SAMs.