Title SPECIAL EDUCATION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Job Type Certificated
Location CAS, EIS, BUR & KAY
Job Title Special Education Coordinator
Contact Name Alinson Jerez
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Openings (only type in the number) 4
Pay Months 12
FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
Salary $70,000 - $81,666
Salary Information Certificated, Exempt
Length of Year
• Bachelor's Degree necessary; master's degree or higher preferred
• State Board Certification/Licensing and/or a valid California Education Specialist Credential required
• At least five (5) years of special education experience in a public-school setting preferred
• Knowledge of a range of PK-12 instructional frameworks and curriculum, as well as a range of Special Education program models
• Experience or commitment working on a team as well as across teams
• Ability to demonstrate leadership and project management skills
• Ability to work with students and staff to motivate positively
SPECIAL EDUCATION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) is a community of high-performing public schools that utilizes a comprehensive approach to prepare students from preschool through high school for success in college and in life. We integrate academic rigor, community, family, and wellness to empower students to thrive in a culturally connected and changing world. Founded in 2000, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy students represent the neighborhood of MacArthur Park west of downtown Los Angeles, a community that is one of the most under-resourced and densely populated neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Currently, CNCA has six campuses that serve approximately 3,500 students from TK through 12th grade.
We believe that every individual who works at Camino Nuevo Charter Academy must embody key mindsets.
• Commitment to and belief in CNCA's mission and vision
• Belief in and embodiment of the CNCA Anchors in all aspects of the work
• Commitment to the vision of a progressive, socially-just education and is able to inspire others towards that vision
• Solution orientation and belief in supporting others to be the same
• Commitment to an asset-based, capacity-building approach
• Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
• Strong self-awareness and ability to reflect
• Ability to take ownership in the day-to-day and overall success of the organization
• EXCELLENCE: We take responsibility for our students and staff achieving consistently outstanding results.
• EQUITY: We recognize and value the individuality and experiences of all students and respond to their unique academic, emotional, psychological, and social needs.
• COMMUNITY: We are rooted in our community's richness and in the cultural and environmental context where our students and families live.
• INNOVATION: We continuously learn, are curious, and implement new ideas, perspectives, and evidence-based methods in our work.
• JOY: We build and maintain positive relationships that foster happiness and fulfillment among students, staff and families.
Under the supervision of the Principal, the Special Education Compliance Coordinator will ensure appropriate program implementation, delivery of services, and compliance with state and federal requirements. The role of this coordinator is to work with organization leaders, site administration, teachers, and parents to do what is necessary for every student to experience success at school.
Responsibilities Essential Functions
• Serve as Administrative Designee for IEP meetings
• Collaborate with and supervise IEP Clerk in consultation with the Principal and Home Support Office (HSO) Special Education Team.
• Develop and monitor structures for ongoing engagement meetings for parents and school leadership so parents are true partners in their children's education and the impact of their child's IEP
• Coordinate service requests stemming from SSTs
• Coordinate and implement all SELPA requirements including consent decree requirements
• Coordinate student services with site administrators, LAUSD, and other service providers
• Coordinate with other districts to attempt to gain needed records.
• Serve as a resource to school personnel on special education compliance requirements
• Lead special education department meetings; disclosing information on new students, subsequent timelines and services
• Maintain updates and accurate student information in designated student information system(s)
• Collaborate with EL Admin to support entry of Accommodations on State/District Standardized Testing
• Provides regular reports to senior leaders and principals, such as monthly summary of services by site and pending assessment timelines.
• Prepare reports and responds to inquiries related to special education
• Maintain up to date knowledge of special education best practices and compliance requirements. Including, attending available staff development and reviewing state and district bulletins.
• Assure compliance with all applicable state and/or federal laws and regulations, and seeks legal guidance as needed
• Maintain school-wide schedules of special education services and IEP meetings, including adherence to required timelines
• Maintain appropriate, confidential records and provide timely reports.
• Support with the scheduling and logistical preparation of Special Education Trainings.
• Interpret and disseminate information regarding state/federal rules and regulations.
• communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and feedback.
• Present information and respond to questions, inquiries, and/or complaints.
• Provide translation as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Posted Date 05/13/2022
Open Date 05/13/2022
Close Date 07/31/2022