Position Type:Date Posted:
Elementary School Teaching/Intermediate - Grades 4, 5
42950 - St. Mary of the Woods School
Teaching in one of the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Elementary Schools is a rewarding experience for anyone who believes in the power of education and the strength of faith. As one of the largest private school systems in the nation with approximately 200 schools across Cook and Lake Counties, we are not just committed to our students' success, but also your professional and spiritual success. With a wide range of positions and school locations, we offer our teachers the flexibility and resources they need to succeed at our award-winning schools.
The teacher is directly accountable to the principal, the Office of Catholic Schools and the local school. The teacher cooperates with the principal and staff in providing an educational environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
The Archdiocese of Chicago complies with all laws concerning nondiscrimination in employment. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, unfavorable discharge from military service, arrest record, or mental or physical handicap unrelated to ability to perform the duties of the position. It is our policy to offer reasonable accommodations for the special needs of otherwise handicapped individuals. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socio-economic status should not determine access to or achievement in this global economy. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Fifth Grade Teacher
St. Mary of the Woods is currently seeking a Full Time 5th Grade Teacher for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. Teaching in Fifth Grade is an extremely rewarding experience for our teachers. A successful candidate will be vibrant, communicative, and dedicated to the continued growth of their students. A Fifth Grade teacher should be able to build on the educational and spiritual foundation that their students have established through their primary grade education. A Fifth Grade teacher should be able to incorporate technology into their lesson plan to enhance the experience of their students. Teachers should have the ability to make instructional decisions that support different styles of learning. The goal of a Fifth Grade teacher is to inspire their students to become lifelong learners. Fifth Grade teachers should have passion for education, as well as the ability to instill passion in their students.
· Minimum of a bachelor's degree is required
· Valid state teaching licensure (we accept out-of-state teaching licenses)
· 1 to 3 years teaching experience
· Experience teaching through remote learning platforms
· A Bachelor's degree in a comparable field
· Teach and act in accordance with the mission of the Catholic faith.
· Communicate regularly with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and principal
· Participate in professional development programs required by the Archdiocese of Chicago and/or the local school and parish
· Perform teaching duties as assigned by the principal, including but not limited to providing remote instruction for students
· Attend required faculty and staff meetings
· Cooperate with the principal and staff members in school related meetings, activities, and projects
· Maintain accurate student attendance and academic records
· Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure learning environment
· Participate in the annual performance review
· Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently move, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds. As well as be able to walk up and down steps several times each day and physically respond quickly in an emergency.
· Resume /CV
· Cover letter
· Professional reference letter/s
Job Type: Full-time