Administration/Director, Human ResourcesDate Posted:
(High-Needs School)Closing Date:
When filled POSITION:
Director, Human Resources WORK YEAR:
260 days DEPARTMENT
: Human Resources REPORTS TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer SUMMARY:
Responsible for directing all efforts related to the district's strategic plan including but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commitment to equity for our students, staff and community of Adams 14
- Recruit, hire, support and retain high-performing staff
- Ensure all employees are highly qualified and skilled for their positions
- Directing the recruitment, work-force development, hiring processes and performance appraisal systems
- Training and advising administrators in labor and employment matters including district, state and federal policies and regulations related to human resources and the agreement between the District and represented employees
- Conducting and/or directing personnel investigations, disciplining employees and assist with administering grievance procedures
The following statements of duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages may vary depending upon building assignments and other factors.
- Direct the hiring of district staff. Includes overseeing personnel requests, position control and job postings, screening and interviewing processes, reference checks, criminal background checks, job offers based on established pay schedules, initial communication regarding employee orientation, denial of employment and facilitation of hiring of principals and directors.
- Train and advise principals and supervisors on staffing budgets, staffing plans, viable applicants, and hiring decisions.
- Train and advise administrators in labor and employment matters including employee performance evaluations, remediation plans, and dismissal; employee discipline and documentation; compliance with BOE policy, federal and state laws, and the master agreement.
- Create and maintain relationships with higher education teacher preparation programs and other business entities to improve the pipeline of employees for all levels.
- Conduct employment investigations as needed. Support, coach, direct district administrative staff to investigate, facilitate, mediate and address employee relations.
- Recruit new staff to the District by attending job fairs and conferences, developing advertising, reviewing résumés, networking with colleagues from other Districts, presenting at area colleges and working with Human Resources staff on visibility and links related to the HR website. Oversees related budgetary items.
- Assist with administering grievance procedures for all employee groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Master's degree plus additional coursework required for Colorado Department of Education license.
- Master's degree with emphasis in business or human resources and/or other related fields.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT & OTHER:
- Over 5 years of experience in administration, management or supervision
- Prefer a minimum of two years experience working in Human Resources
Advanced oral and written communication, interpersonal, management, decision making, mediation and problem solving skills. Knowledge of state and federal laws as they relate to education and employment. Knowledge of schools and school systems. Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and basic office equipment including fax, copier, telephone and printer. English language skills required. Oral and written fluency in second language may be preferred or required based on building assignment. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
Colorado Department of Education Principal or Administrator license preferred. SUPERVISION/TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for developing, administering, monitoring and coordinating assigned budgets and initiating requisitions.
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and smell (to detect alcohol or illegal substance abuse by employees). The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. There are no specific vision abilities required by this job. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. MENTAL FUNCTIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to analyze,communicate and use interpersonal skills. The employee is frequently required to compare, compute, synthesize and evaluate. The employee is occasionally required to copy, coordinate, instruct, compile and negotiate. SALARY:
This position falls under Range 9 of the Administrative Salary Schedule. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled. APPLICATIONS:
All candidates must complete the District's Application for Administrative Employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org
. For more information call 303-853-3201. ABOUT THE DISTRICT:
Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 6,200 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules and regulations. Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.