School-Based Support/Bookkeeper, High School
Legacy High School
Open Until Filled
GRADE: G10 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $18.57 - $22.89) MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $18.57 STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40 FTE: 1.0 MONTHS PER YEAR: 12 JOB CODE: 1001 POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT - PERMANENT LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing the school's financial operations, including managing purchasing card transactions; collecting, tracking and reconciling accounts receivables; tracking, disbursing and reconciling petty cash; preparing bank deposits; recording and managing orders for supplies and equipment; processing accounts payables; providing customer service; copying and filing financial paperwork; entering journal entries; and managing, reconciling and monitoring the school budget and general, athletic, pupil, mill levy and grant funds/accounts to ensure expenses do not exceed budgeted amounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary by building assignment.
1. Collect, track and reconcile and deposit revenue collected from Infinite Campus student accounts, fundraising dollars, athletic/activity cash boxes, grants and vendor commissions. Prepare remittance advice for Financial Services.
2. Monitor and maintain the school budget by assisting with the development of the school's departmental and instructional/operating budgets, loading the budget to Financial Services, continually reconciling accounts with budget status reports and detail transaction reports, creating and distributing monthly budget reports for general/athletic/vocational/pupil/mill levy accounts, reconciling monthly transactions, reviewing questions and concerns regarding budget status and preparing journal entries for corrections of expenditures and realignment of budget.
3. Order materials and supplies for school using district p-card or financial system. Research availability, utilize bidding process, track orders, enter receipt of orders in the financial system, distribute shipments to appropriate departments and handle merchandise returns. Manage purchasing card transactions by reviewing and editing online transactions, collecting related receipts, completing monthly reports to meet district purchasing card requirements and maintaining and managing purchasing card users in the bui8lding. May write or assist with completing service contract requests.
4. Process accounts payables by receiving, tracking and paying invoices using purchasing card or by preparing voucher request with required documentation. Communicate with vendors, Purchasing and Accounts Payable for payment and follow-up.
5. Provide customer service to students, parents, staff members, district personnel, vendors and outside/community partnerships in person, over the phone or via mail by answering inquiries, responding to requests and/or providing information.
6. Prepare invoices to vendors. Create billings to student accounts in Infinite Campus for fees, courses, field trips and other items.
7. Prepare, copy and file all paperwork associated with school's financial transactions. Maintain financial records as required by the district.
8. May perform payroll-related duties including data entry of monthly payroll information, tracking time and attendance, reconciling monthly labor/benefit report, completing appropriate paperwork for building/district personnel changes, account coding, professional forms and substitute pay.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 4 years general clerical experience.
• Minimum of 2 years experience with bookkeeping or accounting.
• Associate's degree or two-year college certificate in accounting preferred.
• Courses in business management, accounting or bookkeeping preferred.
• Experience with student information systems preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• Responsible for managing, reconciling and monitoring the school budget and all school accounts, including general fund, athletic, pupil, mill levy and grant accounts, to ensure expenses do not exceed budgeted amounts; entering journal entries; preparing bank deposits; tracking, counting, disbursing and reconciling petty cash.
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly
basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to the number of work experience credits or service years. See our Classified Salary Schedule
for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to Classified Master Agreement.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.