Preschool / Early Childhood - Admin/Leadership/Assistant Dir, Early Childhood
Student Family Resource Center
SALARY INFORMATION: Level 15 ($81,196 - $119,288)
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40 FTE: 1.0
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 3130 POSITION TYPE: NEW
Location: Thornton, COSUMMARY:
The Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education will provide leadership in order to support high quality classrooms using a variety of means. Providing knowledge, guidance, and support to all staff will promote high quality classrooms. Classroom level instruction, literacy, multilingual learning strategies, social/emotional curriculum, assessment and classroom management for all students will be a shared focus. Develop professional development opportunities, in collaboration with other departments including Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education (CLDE), Curriculum and Instruction, and Data and Assessment, in order to increase student achievement. Provide assistance and support to the Director of Early Childhood in the development, implementation and evaluation of department goals. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. JOB TASKS DESCRIPTIONS
1. Provide leadership in the ongoing development of high quality classrooms by collaborating with district departments including CLDE, Curriculum and Instruction, Data and Assessment. Conduct classroom visits to support a continuous improvement model. Focus on literacy, mathematics, multilingual development strategies, social/emotional curriculum, and other areas that promote high quality classrooms.
2. Provide assistance and support to the Director of Early Childhood in the development, implementation, and evaluation of department goals. Build and maintain relationships with all staff (school and district-based) in order to provide guidance, support, and knowledge around priority department-wide goals, including the implementation of Universal Preschool, and District level initiatives.
3. Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs. Makes modifications to existing programs to meet the learning needs of students. Provide leadership in the area of TS Gold implementation, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), CDE Audits, and Technology. Advocate for the allocation of resources based on programming needs.
4. Provides leadership to the hiring process by pre-screening candidates, conducting interviews, collecting pre-hire paperwork, and collaborating with Human Resources to ensure the on-boarding process is highly supportive of retaining world class staff.
5. Assist in supporting the compliance of licensing regulations, collaborate with site directors to ensure compliance, and training. Work collaboratively with Adams County and Broomfield County licensing representatives. Provide assistance and support with opening new classrooms to promote program expansion.
6. Support all staff and supervise early childhood coordinators by providing training, performance feedback, delegating duties and responsibilities, assigning projects and work as needed and overseeing daily functions in the preschool program.
7. Assist in development of a district budget to meet the required needs of the department. Assist in the preparation and submission of all reports required for state and federal government.
8. Perform other duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Education plus additional coursework required for certification or licensure.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of public education.
- Experience in Literacy and/or Math instruction, preferred
- Experience in working with Multilingual Learners, preferred
- Colorado Principal's License required; or Special Education Director Certification at hire.
- Valid Colorado Teacher's License required.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees' education and/or work experience. For additional information, please review our Administrative Compensation Program or review our Administrative Salary Schedule. BENEFITS INFORMATION: Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits, including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.APPLICATION INFORMATION: All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.