ParaEducators & Instructional Support/ParaEducator,Classroom Asst.
Woodglen Elementary School
Open until filled
GRADE: G1 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $15.00 - $18.49) MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $15.00 Hourly range effective July 1, 2022 (pending Board approval and ratification) Step 1 - $16.50 - Step 8 - $20.34 Current hourly rate Step 1 - $15.00 - Step 8 - $18.49 STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 21.25 FTE: .53125 MONTHS PER YEAR: 9 JOB CODE: 1259 POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT - PERMANENT/REGULAR LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
This job will work in both the classroom and lunch duty.
SUMMARY: Assist students by helping individuals or small groups of students with reading, writing and basic math skills, implementing instruction, reinforcing learning skills, and reinforcing school-wide discipline procedures. Assists instructor with preparation of classroom materials, monitoring students, and evaluating and recording student achievement. If in the Dual Language Program, also uses Spanish to perform the duties of this position. Supervise in-person students during remote learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Assists students with classroom activities. Implements teacher's instruction plan. Performs tutoring, both individually and with small groups to ensure mastering of subjects. Supervise in-person students during periods of remote learning, when the teacher may also be remote. Responsibilities include implementation of age-appropriate educational activities; provide direction and guidance to students; effectively handle student discipline; ensure student safety and security; communicate with parents, staff, and teachers; clean classroom areas; record attendance; and support students as they move through their daily remote learning schedule.
2. Assists teachers in preparing materials, administering tests, grading, attendance, etc. Assists with paperwork and documentation as needed.
3. Monitors students during breaks, recess, time outs, on field trips, etc.
4. Assists with special projects. May administer first aide and/or assist students to clinic or nurse.
5. Perform other job-related duties as assigned including lunchroom/playground duty.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• No experience required.
• Experience in working with school age children preferred.
• If working in the Dual Language Program, must be proficient in Spanish.
• If working in the English as a Second Language (ESL) area, must successfully complete the District administered ESL Training Program (approximately 15 hours) within 3 months of entering position.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• First Aid certification preferred.
• Must successfully complete the Adams County BOCES Safety Training Class within 30 days of entering position.
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly
basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to the number of work experience credits or service years. See our Classified Salary Schedule
for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to Classified Master Agreement.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.