Information Technology/Records Manager
Educational Support Center
SALARY INFORMATION: (Level 11) $66,978 - $98,401
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Job Code: 5038 POSITION TYPE: Replacement
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: The Records Manager provides management of the Records team and its functions. Responsible for leadership and oversight of: customer service, daily operations, staff management, marketing, strategy, tactical planning, process improvement, knowledge management, compliance, and budget management. Serves as the system administrator for Laserfiche and facilitates the successful implementation of the records management policy, procedures, schedules, and tools throughout the District. Responsible for maintaining certain District retention rules in compliance with legal and administrative requirements. Guides staff across the district with respect to best practices around student records and other organizational records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operations Leadership: Provides oversight for the management of the District's student and administrative records. Maintains the integrity of all District records ensuring accurate and timely retrieval, retention, and destruction. Responds to requests for information about records management and records retention within the district that are directed to the Records team. Ensures timely and professional responses on all requests for academic records or other data under the purview of this team. Leads the development and/or refinement of standards, processes, procedures, and practices. Works daily with team to assess and support daily operations, and troubleshoot advanced or complex issues, while developing and improving the problem-solving capacity of the team.
2. People Leadership: Responsible for hiring and managing staff and continuously improving team culture and productivity. Responsible for hiring and managing vendors, contractors, part-time staff, and other third parties service providers as and when necessary. Reviews, approves, and verifies reported time in district time and labor system. Manages personnel or contractors involved in any scanning operations, records management, and offsite records storage.
3. Technology and Process Leadership: Provides direct support of Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system; including implementation, user support, training, security and recommendations for upgrades, etc. Assists in automating paper-driven processes for better efficiencies utilizing the latest technologies (Laserfiche workflow, electronic forms, scanning, OCR, etc.) Provides input on behalf of the team with respect to best practices and standards that need to be met as part of any change management process in district-wide systems and processes that fall within the purview of the Records department.
4. Budget, Procurement and Financial Management: Provides oversight of budget, procurement and other financial management for this team. Attends and provides input into budget meetings and processes developed by Information Technology (IT) leadership in conjunction with the Finance/Budget team, including periodic budget review meetings with district leadership. Ensures familiarity with accounts structures, trend analysis, workflows, and other procedures relevant to mastery of financial management aspects of this job. Assists IT team with ensuring that the right practices and work is taking place with regard to asset management, budget planning and management, and overall financial management.
5. Strategic Leadership: Assists in the development, approval, and maintenance of the retention program including changes to the Records Retention Schedule as required by operations or changes in law or regulation. Provides facilitation for the evolution of Records Management policies, and assists departmental records liaisons in development of written records procedures for their department/school. Develops, tracks, and reports metrics and analysis relative to team performance, customer satisfaction, and stakeholder relationship management.
6. Collaboration and Knowledge Management: Manages the collaboration with key experts and stakeholders in diverse areas such as Legal, Risk, IT, Communications, Learning Services, etc. Ensures that the expertise of these key stakeholders helps inform key processes, projects and operations, and that all operations conform with district standards and needs, and comply with law and policy. Maintains presence in professional associations and attends periodic industry meetings relevant to the areas covered in the scope of this job.
7. Customer Service Leadership: Ensures that all lines of service provided by this team are meeting or exceeding agreed upon customer satisfaction standards. Develops and/or refines methods by which customer satisfaction, quality of work, responsiveness, and work completion are measured and improved. Ensures a focus on continuous improvement. Engages Educational Support Center (ESC) and district-wide customers, staff, and stakeholders in envisioning improvements to customer service, and conformance with respect to law, policy, best practices, and standards. Ensures team availability and service levels during critical timeframes such as school start, and other important times throughout the year.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information and Records Management or related field required. Four (4) years of additional experience in a related field can be substituted for this requirement.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in records management.
• Experience with LaserFiche systems administration or similar ECM system required.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Laserfiche CPP Certification preferred.
• Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within one (1) year of entering position.
The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees' education and/or work experience.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). For more information, see our Benefits Overview page