Information Technology/Printing Services Manager
Educational Support Center
SALARY INFORMATION: (Level 11) $66,978 - $98,401
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Job Code: 5038 POSITION TYPE: New
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: Manages central printing services including printing, bindery, graphic design, and central mail operations for Adams 12 Five Star Schools. Develops and implements marketing plans and promotions to District 12 schools and all internal and external customers. Supervises and manages staff. Provides guidance to schools and administrative departments on the U.S. Postal Services technical requirements and specifications for preparing non-profit bulk mail. Responsible for leadership and oversight of: customer service, daily operations, staff management, marketing, strategy, tactical planning, process improvement, knowledge management, compliance, and budget management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operations Leadership: Manages daily operations of centralized print shop. Establishes and monitors pricing structure for all products produced by the print shop to ensure revenue goals are met while providing low cost printing solutions for District 12 schools. Establishes production schedules to ensure customer needs are being met. Monitors Graphic Design and Printing Services Technician completion of projects. Leads the development and/or refinement of standards, processes, procedures, and practices. Works daily with team to assess and support daily operations, and troubleshoot advanced or complex issues, while developing and improving the problem-solving capacity of the team.
2. Team and Culture Leadership: Provides supervision and management to all printing services staff. Hire, terminate and evaluate employee performance, report time and attendance, establish production standards, facilitate and resolve interpersonal conflicts among employees, provide technical assistance with design and production issues. Responsible for continuously improving team culture and productivity. Responsible for hiring and managing vendors, contractors, part-time staff, and other third parties service providers as and when necessary.
3. Strategic Leadership: Creates marketing plans and promotions to present to district 12 schools as well as potential customers in the community. Communicates directly with district customers to promote educational materials being created and used by peer groups. Conducts school visits to promote print shop capabilities and seasonal promotions. Visits every school in the district a minimum of once a year. Oversees rollout of new multi-function print devices and related services across the district from procurement to implementation, to maintenance, every four years or whenever the lease concludes.
4. Technological and Process Leadership: Acts as the system owner for the district-wide fleet of multi-function print devices, serves as the main point of contact from the district for the print device fleet, and collaborates with IT, Procurement and Legal to facilitate the transition to new fleets and/or leases. Ensures compliance with US Postal Service (USPS) regulations by facilitating training Printing Services Technicians on all relevant postal regulations. Responsible for ensuring lowest price possible on postage needs for the district, provide direction for district and external customers using mail processing to assure low cost mail options. Facilitates the use of appropriate Desktop publishing software to provide professional Graphic Design and layout for electronic and printed materials including brochures, logos, letterheads, envelopes, certificates, attendance cards, posters, flyers, business cards, stickers, signs, notepads, labels, marketing materials and book design.
5. Collaboration and Knowledge Management: Manages the collaboration with key experts and stakeholders in diverse areas such as Information Technology (IT), Educational Support Center (ESC) departments, schools, etc. Ensures that the expertise of these key stakeholders helps inform key processes, projects and operations, and that all operations conform with district standards and needs, and comply with law and policy. Maintains presence in relevant professional association(s) and/or interacts with other professionals leading such work in other organizations. Works with Warehouse Manager to establish appropriate ordering procedures to ensure timely delivery of products at the lowest possible price using pre-approved district contracts.
6. Budget, Procurement and Financial Management: Provides oversight of budget, procurement and other financial management for this team. Attends and provides input into budget meetings and processes developed by IT leadership in conjunction with the Finance/Budget team, including periodic budget review meetings with district leadership. Ensures familiarity with accounts structures, trend analysis, workflows, and other procedures relevant to mastery of financial management aspects of this job. Assists IT team with ensuring that the right practices and work is taking place with regard to asset management, budget planning and management, and overall financial management.
7. Customer Service Leadership: Ensures that all lines of service provided by this team are meeting or exceeding agreed upon customer satisfaction standards. Develops and/or refines methods by which customer satisfaction, quality of work, responsiveness, and work completion are measured and improved. Ensures a focus on continuous improvement. Engages ESC and district-wide customers, staff, and stakeholders in envisioning improvements to customer service, and conformance with respect to law, policy, best practices, and standards. Ensures team availability and service levels during critical timeframes such as school start, and other important times throughout the year.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree with a major in a related trade or field. Four (4) additional years of similar and relevant experience may be substituted for this educational requirement.
• Three (3) years of progressive work experience in business, operations, customer service, education and related industries.
• Supervisory or team leadership experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Valid Colorado Driver's license
• Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within one (1) year of entering position.
The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees' education and/or work experience.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). For more information, see our Benefits Overview page