Information Technology/Instruc Materials Center Mgr
Educational Support Center
SALARY INFORMATION: (Level 11) $66,978 - $98,401
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Job Code: 3008 POSITION TYPE: New
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: The Instructional Materials Center (IMC) assists the district with processing incoming curriculum orders, guiding and supporting libraries across the district, and supporting the 1:1 device rollout. This position is responsible for all general management functions over the IMC including leadership and oversight of customer service, daily operations, staff management, marketing, strategy, tactical planning, process improvement, knowledge management, compliance, and budget management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operations and Project Management: Oversees operations and projects involving processing of millions of dollars of adopted curriculum and technology across the district each year. Manages demand, peak service events, staffing needs, and overall production/operations schedule throughout the year. Coordinates deadlines and manages demand with district stakeholders including Learning Services, Information Technology (IT), Educational Support Center (ESC) departments, and schools, to ensure timely processing and delivery of work per standard operating procedures. Leads the development and/or refinement of standards, processes, procedures, and practices. Works daily with team to assess and support daily operations, and troubleshoot advanced or complex issues, while developing and improving the problem-solving capacity of the team.
2. People and Team Culture Management: Responsible for hiring and managing staff and continuously improving team culture and productivity. Responsible for hiring and managing vendors, contractors, part-time staff, and other third parties service providers. Reviews, approves, and verifies reported time in district time and labor system. Responsible for becoming familiar with the Classified Master Agreement for classified employees and knowing how to apply it appropriately in staff management settings. Responsible for ensuring succession planning in the team. Works to ensure a culture of participation across the team that invites contribution and incentivizes growth.
3. Customer Service Leadership: Ensures that all lines of service provided by this team are meeting or exceeding agreed upon customer satisfaction standards. Develops and/or refines methods by which customer satisfaction, quality of work, responsiveness, and work completion are measured and improved. Ensures a focus on continuous improvement. Engages ESC and district-wide customers, staff, and stakeholders in envisioning improvements to customer service, and conformance with respect to law, policy, best practices, and standards. Ensures team availability and service levels during critical timeframes such as school start, and other important times throughout the year.
4. Collaboration and Knowledge Management: Manages the collaboration with key experts and stakeholders in diverse areas such as Strategic Technology Initiatives division in IT, Library Services in Learning Services, Warehouse in Financial Services, Curriculum and Instruction in Learning Services, etc. Ensures that the expertise of these key stakeholders helps inform key processes, projects and operations, and that all operations conform with district standards and needs, and comply with law and policy. Maintains presence in professional associations and attends periodic industry meetings relevant to the areas covered in the scope of this job.
5. Budget, Procurement and Financial Management: Provides oversight of budget, procurement and other financial management for this team. Attends and provides input into budget meetings and processes developed by IT leadership in conjunction with the Finance/Budget team, including periodic budget review meetings with district leadership. Ensures familiarity with accounts structures, trend analysis, workflows, and other procedures relevant to mastery of financial management aspects of this job. Assists IT team with ensuring that the right practices and work is taking place with regard to asset management, budget planning and management, and overall financial management.
6. Strategic Leadership: Develops and implements overall strategy including marketing, goals, objectives, and performance measures, based on input from customers, staff and IT leadership. Develops, tracks, and reports metrics and analysis relative to team performance, customer satisfaction, and stakeholder relationship management (with key stakeholders).
7. Technology and Process Leadership: Ensures that the team stays abreast of changes in technology systems and processes in concert with IT, Learning Services, Finance, and other stakeholders across the ESC and the district. Provides input on behalf of the team with respect to best practices and standards that need to be met as part of any improvement or change management process in district-wide systems and processes that fall within the purview of the IMC, including but not limited to asset management, school library management, and device fleet asset management.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree required. Four (4) additional years of similar and relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement.
• Three (3) years of progressive experience in retail, customer service, technology, business, operations, education, and/or related fields.
• Supervisory or team leadership experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Valid Colorado driver's license
• Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within one (1) year of entering position.
The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees' education and/or work experience.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). For more information, see our Benefits Overview page