A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves over eleven million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is creating a ground-breaking digital curriculum that brings together world-class academics, engaging digital media, and data analytics to change the way teachers teach and students learn. Our digital curriculum empowers teachers to offer more personalized instruction, allowing students to become more active, engaged learners.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Sr. Director of IT Support who wants to be a leader in overseeing support for the internal applications and IT infrastructure for Amplify's internal business systems, helping us help our students and teachers and the teams at Amplify that support them. As Sr. Director of IT Support, you will be responsible for establishing Amplify's world-class operational excellence by leading internal technology support services."Amplify's COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided."Responsibilities
- Manage the Service Desk to improve skills and efficiency enabling the team to process incoming requests in a courteous, timely, and effective manner to meet or exceed service levels.
- Participate and monitor Onboarding of New Employees including attending Orientation meetings and following up on user experience.
- Analyze performance of Service activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Ensure Companywide Services are performing as expected and capacity is measured accordingly
- Manage the Help Desk On Call Rotation (i.e. Pager Duty)
- Participate in the Change Release Management process
- Benchmark Amplify's business systems against industry standards
- Own and manage the team structure, size, composition, compensation and management within your group.
- Foster strong technical practices, guiding teams to appropriate technical stacks.
- Provide technical leadership, career development, coaching, and mentoring for full-time teams and contractors.
- Research emerging technologies to improve performance
- Be responsible for Amplify's internal technology systems, including Amplify's corporate network, identity and access management, end-user hardware and software, core productivity and communications software; and tools supporting key business functions including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Operations, Customer Support, Professional Services, and Finance.
- Manage the selection, relationship, and staffing of vendors and consultants as appropriate.
- Support Telecommunications and Unified Communications services including phone service, softphones, move/add/change, contact center services, voicemail, 800# maintenance.
- Messaging services support including the Google Suite (email, calendaring, messaging), distribution list management, conference room management, secure messaging, mail hygiene.
- Collaboration services support including audio/video conferencing (Google Meet), enterprise file sharing (Google Drive), social media, governance & privacy policies
- Productivity services including Google Apps, Single Sign-on (Okta), Jira, workflow management, and project management tools.
- Support End User Compute Services including the standardization, procurement, and support of laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Support service trouble ticketing including incident and problem management.
- Support endpoint security including identity and access management.
- Plan, maintain, and monitor an internal Amplify network supporting connectivity to Software as a Service providers (e.g., Google, Workday, NetSuite).
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical experience demonstrating strong technical fundamentals.
- 8+ years of experience with at least 2 in a management capacity.
- Prior experience managing IT Support services including Service Desk and IT Infrastructure.
- Understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Proven track record of building and managing teams while still being a hands-on leader.
- 3 years of experience managing IT security and infrastructure applications (firewalls, VPN, IDS)
- 3+ years managing OKTA or equivalent identity management system
- 3+ years of managing Active Directory
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Powershell
- Experience with tools we use every day: (Aws, Asure, Quickbase, IaaS and Paas etc) system experience in education or ed-tech
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.